Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recruitment/Promotion Embargo (untill end of 2010!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by batterysgt View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/64482377562...7220662717351/
    What is RDFRA doing for us, seems like the NSR can promote away and well done to them.
    Why does a tiny NSR unit need two CPOs? Or does the unit being split between Dublin and Waterford create more appointments?

Comment

• Fantasia

Have a good look at the establishment of each Naval Reserve Unit and see how they have been decimated in the last ten years. I despair !

Dublin and Waterford are two separate units and you may be confusing this with the fact that there were two Companies in Dublin in An Slua Muiri .

Your question is nonetheless valid but both are long serving stalwarts and promotion is well earned .

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantasia View Post
        Why does a tiny NSR unit need two CPOs? Or does the unit being split between Dublin and Waterford create more appointments?
        Why does a tiny Dept of Defence need four assistant secretaries on €145,000 each?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantasia View Post
          Dublin and Waterford are separate units (same group (think Bn))

Comment

• Why does a tiny NSR unit need two CPOs? Or does the unit being split between Dublin and Waterford create more appointments?
            CS4 was not written by the RDF
            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by Poiuyt View Post
              I would correct it to say that the poor attitudes to fitness came fromk SOME in those formations, not everyone.

Not from what I saw in some units in the re-org - I even saw a non-effective get a position in 1 unit.
              I saw someone who had been RO’ed a number of years previously as having died being still on the unit’s effective strength (haven’t been taken off the coy’s strength return etc correctly)

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                Dublin and Waterford are separate units (same group (think Bn))
                Correct. But more to do with Bde than Bn.
                Prior to the NSR being brought under shore Ops after the SFC, Cork and Limerick were under 1 Southern Bde and Dublin and Waterford were under 2 Eastern Bde. That structure has never changed even now under Shore Ops. Still 2 separate Groups.

As for Promotions, both are incredibly long overdue and well earned. Until the recent blast of promotions, the NSR had only 3 CPO vacancies filled out of 8. Now up to 5.
                Scheduled fun will commence at 1900Hrs.
                Punishment beatings will continue until moral improves.

Comment

• Originally posted by AC182 View Post
                  Correct. But more to do with Bde than Bn.
                  Prior to the NSR being brought under shore Ops after the SFC, Cork and Limerick were under 1 Southern Bde and Dublin and Waterford were under 2 Eastern Bde. That structure has never changed even now under Shore Ops. Still 2 separate Groups.

As for Promotions, both are incredibly long overdue and well earned. Until the recent blast of promotions, the NSR had only 3 CPO vacancies filled out of 8. Now up to 5.
                  I meant that the Group HQ is similar in principal to Bn HQ with 2 Coys reporting to it. The Group HQ’s reporting to NS Shore Ops

Comment

• Well done to those who gave us valuable insight and instruction to recruit liaison role (AR) and what has worked in DFTC. This will surely increase the number of applicants getting through by a considerable percentage given we can now contact them during the recruitment process and them engaged. Great to such an interest from other BDEs

Comment

• Originally posted by batterysgt View Post
                      Well done to those who gave us valuable insight and instruction to recruit liaison role (AR) and what has worked in DFTC. This will surely increase the number of applicants getting through by a considerable percentage given we can now contact them during the recruitment process and them engaged. Great to such an interest from other BDEs
                      What was the attendance like?

Comment

• Not as Good as I thought I might be but parent units/Bn/BDE may have l limited numbers attending but all BDEs represented.

Comment

• "It might be"

Comment

• 2 AC Lt Col’s recommissioned today

Comment

• That is interesting

Comment

• Also interesting is the fact there is no mechanism for SNCOs to re-enlist in a similar manner.
                                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Working...
                                X