Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recruitment/Promotion Embargo (untill end of 2010!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would the situation be if you had 20-30 people looking to enlist in the RDF.

You went through an interview process with them and ran a fitness assesment.

Half failed the fitness and 5 didn't come across in the interview so well.

Would you be able to point them at another unit or would you be obliged (wrong word) to take them on?
    "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• You could point them to another unit.

If the attesting officer is satisfied that the candidate is unsuitable there is no "obligation".

Comment

• What Officer in any unit these days is going to refuse people?

I reckon most would be willing to scrape the bottom of the barrel just to fill out paper work and look on paper like a strong unit.

Shuffling them off to another unit would be just moving the issue onto the RDF as a whole rather than the particular unit.
        "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ZULU View Post
          What Officer in any unit these days is going to refuse people?

I reckon most would be willing to scrape the bottom of the barrel just to fill out paper work and look on paper like a strong unit.

Shuffling them off to another unit would be just moving the issue onto the RDF as a whole rather than the particular unit.
          Tell them that they have been unsuccessful at attempting to join your unit due to a lack of vacancies. You're not obliged to tell them what their options are, though it might be worth coming up with a stock answer if they ask about other units. Or you could say that you're keeping their name on file for when there are vacancies, but then never call them again, mwahahahahaa etc.

Comment

• CIS Trainee Technician Scheme (TTS) - 2010
            Tuesday 20 April, 2010

The CIS Trainee Technician Scheme (TTS) opens on 21 April, 2010. This competition is confined to serving members of the Permanent Defence Forces. An Information booklet is available on the Internal Defence Forces Intranet site. The closing date for applications is 07 May 2010.
            Note: this is an internal competition only (only open to serving PDF) but good to see anyway!

Comment

• As I've been saying in the last few pages, take everything with a pinch of salt unless it's an official statement.

BUT, a friend in the PDF told me that recruitment for the Army has been planned to commence mid-august. At first when i heard this i dismissed it as another one of the many rumors. But with the Navy having started recruiting today, and the Gardai supposedly recruiting around September, i can't help but think it may be accurate.

Still, there has been no official word as of yet. I just put this here as a heads up for those who might want to get their fitness levels up for possible recruitment earlier then expected.

Comment

• Im not sure if its up and running yet but the Employment Control Framework will set out the the number of each rank within overall figure of 10,000 personnel.
                The authorised strength remains at in accordance with the White Paper 10,500 personnel.

That leaves the DF 500 personnel under strength almost a Battalion.
                With the proposed review on organisation and structure will this mean a Battalion or other units will get the chop and its troops redeployed to bring other units up to strength or will they just keep all units under strenght?

Comment

• Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
                  As I've been saying in the last few pages, take everything with a pinch of salt unless it's an official statement.

BUT, a friend in the PDF told me that recruitment for the Army has been planned to commence mid-august. At first when i heard this i dismissed it as another one of the many rumors. But with the Navy having started recruiting today, and the Gardai supposedly recruiting around September, i can't help but think it may be accurate.

Still, there has been no official word as of yet. I just put this here as a heads up for those who might want to get their fitness levels up for possible recruitment earlier then expected.
                  No one know, everything is rumour !!

Originally posted by Oriel View Post
                  Im not sure if its up and running yet but the Employment Control Framework will set out the the number of each rank within overall figure of 10,000 personnel.
                  The authorised strength remains at in accordance with the White Paper 10,500 personnel.

That leaves the DF 500 personnel under strength almost a Battalion.
                  With the proposed review on organisation and structure will this mean a Battalion or other units will get the chop and its troops redeployed to bring other units up to strength or will they just keep all units under strenght?
                  Probably keep all under strength by selecting posts that will not be filled.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                    No one know, everything is rumour !!
                    Thats what i said.

I just mean that people should get their fitness levels up just in case.

Comment

• Dont forget that figure(10,500)is what was laid out in the last White paper.The new one is due out soon as is the new CS4(organsisation and establishment of the Defence forces).
                      Things are gonna change.Big time.
                      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• As an aside, was does CS4 stand for?
                        "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

• Can I remind people that CS4 is a restricted document even in its draft form.

Comment

• Originally posted by boomer View Post
                            Can I remind people that CS4 is a restricted document even in its draft form.
                            Has anybody here posted anything from it?Or is anybody who values their job likely too???Didnt think so.The various DF manuals are also restricted documents,and get mentioned here by name all the time.Yet most of us who believe in OPSEC here will not post any information from them.
                            I think you are jumping the gun chief.
                            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                              Has anybody here posted anything from it?Or is anybody who values their job likely too???Didnt think so.The various DF manuals are also restricted documents,and get mentioned here by name all the time.Yet most of us who believe in OPSEC here will not post any information from them.
                              I think you are jumping the gun chief.
                              One person has

So im afraid im not jumping the gun there

Comment

• There is a difference between naming a restricted document and detailing the contents apod.

Concussion, it is a DFR so it is actually "DFR C.S. 4", I think it is Command & Staff.

Comment

Working...
                                X