Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recruitment/Promotion Embargo (untill end of 2010!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone who had any initiative or ability was tossed on the scrapheap and we all have seen the ability of many who are now in charge. Yes, there are still good people in charge but they are too few and lack critical mass. And the 2013 re-org taught them to keep their mouths shut.
    not moving in the same circles as me especially your last point
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
      not moving in the same circles as me especially your last point
      Trellheim, from what I have seen and heard, you are not moving in the same circles as most people. Fair play to you to get a position where you can achieve something but the rest of the country is suffering. The RDF is practically finished. Needs a lot of work and money to have any chance of saving it but it is so far down the priority list that it won't be saved and I doubt few in the PDF will lose any sleep over it.

Comment

• I got my third stripe after 7 years as a corporal, had I followed indefinetely what had be taught on the potentials course i would still have been one on discharge an as a result I refused to do a standards course.

I was then offered an acting promotion as an assessment period for a three week camp based around a 'peace support' op, A vacancy came up and I was promoted for my efforts, I had proven I was a good corporal and I could do the job of sergeant because I knew what it was.

I was also the last person to be promoted to sergeant in 3 Cav FCA / 31 Cav RDF in thye time before it was fully absorbed into 1 Cav. I was probably 2 - 3 years behind the average promotion rate but as I was in a small unit, promotion to sergeant was slow, but you did get to know the job above yours and often worked at that rank prior to promotion.

However in the modern day army I should not have had the option to refuse and should have to attend approved courses or work through an approved syllabus to achieve any promotion. Promotions need to be approved at Promotion boards and not at a wink and a nod level in the parent unit.
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by Poiuyt View Post
          Trellheim, from what I have seen and heard, you are not moving in the same circles as most people. Fair play to you to get a position where you can achieve something but the rest of the country is suffering. The RDF is practically finished. Needs a lot of work and money to have any chance of saving it but it is so far down the priority list that it won't be saved and I doubt few in the PDF will lose any sleep over it.
          It is very Unit and sub-Unit dependant around the country.... a lot depends on having RDF people who can contribute (sometimes not insignificant) time above and beyond what was previously required during the PDF working day (including onsite).

The ability to do so makes a huge difference to the units capabilities.

Comment

• It must be career courses complete and that must be included in R5, RDFRA should be fighting for this, they get enough in mandays that it certainly should not be say one thing and do something else. We must push for that to be included through our rep to the nat executive.

Comment

I believe it is too late - the 2013 re-org made sure of that. Anyone who had any initiative or ability was tossed on the scrapheap and we all have seen the ability of many who are now in charge. Yes, there are still good people in charge but they are too few and lack critical mass. And the 2013 re-org taught them to keep their mouths shut.
              That was probably the point of the Re-org - to finish us off.

As for RDFRA, whatever about "Policy", they have gone out of their way to kill off fitness requirements and needed change. What they say and what they do are VERY different things.
              Don’t tell me you were 1 Bde?

Individuals might be the Organisation isn’t going in to talks and saying that

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                Don’t tell me you were 1 Bde?

Individuals might be the Organisation isn’t going in to talks and saying that
                Don't know what 1 Bde has to do with this? And, anyway, no I'm not.

And, did you mean to say..."Individuals might be, the Organisation isn’t going in to talks and saying that"? - the comma is very important.

If that is the case, then you will know that the "individuals" are now the organisation. RDFRA used to be a relatively democratic representative organisation. It is no a completely undemocratic collection of fiefdoms. The RDFRA constitution means nothing to the majority of people in RDFRA and they are working in no ones interests except their own. Just loook at their website - hasn't been updated in years. When was the last time that an ADC/BDC was even advertised in advance? where are the motions/policies etc.

Secrecy is the refuge of the incompetent - have we not all learned that from the RDF over many years? If they have nothing to hid and are as democratic as they say, why not let members see what they are doing? What are they afraid of? The truth? Where is the money going? RDFRA receives a mountain of money every year from their members which is supplemented by the DF - where does it go? Justify what they are doing with that money!

And I am not talking the RDFRA of yesteryear - the one that struggled to achieve anything but at least was open and democratic - I'm talking about the current one. We need the idea of a proper representative association now more than ever. What we have got is incompetence, undemocratic, self serving and SCARED. What are they hiding that that they are so scared?
                Last edited by Poiuyt; 2 August 2019, 12:29.

Comment

Sorry, did you mean to say..."Individuals might be, the Organisation isn’t going in to talks and saying that"?

If that is the case, then you will know that the "individuals" are now the organisation. RDFRA used to be a relatively democratic representative organisation. It is no a completely undemocratic collection of fiefdoms. The RDFRA constitution means nothing to the majority of people in RDFRA and they are working in no ones interests except their own. Just loook at their website - hasn't been updated in years. When was the last time that an ADC/BDC was even advertised in advance? where are the motions/policies etc.

Secrecy is the refuge of the incompetent - have we not all learned that from the RDF over many years? If they have nothing to hid and are as democratic as they say, why not let members see what they are doing? What are they afraid of? The truth? Where is the money going? RDFRA receives a mountain of money every year from their members which is supplemented by the DF - where does it go? Justify what they are doing with that money!

And I am not talking the RDFRA of yesteryear - the one that struggled to achieve anything but at least was open and democratic - I'm talking about the current one. We need the idea of a proper representative association now more than ever. What we have got is incompetence, undemocratic, self serving and SCARED. What are they hiding that that they are so scared?
                  I’m only an ordinary member. And I will say comms are poor and there is a lack of people on the ground (as there is a lack of RDF on the ground).

Just checked and there is actually a new website. And look the policies https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/ff480...5ca2ffee42.pdf

If your a member and you want to see the accounts send an email your entitled to see them.

What did I mean by individuals I don’t know many of the individuals any more in the Organisation, I used to go to the ADCs probably about 10 years ago when I was a rep. You’d see/hear individual reps saying no to things like ITs being required. These people weren’t generally on the NEC or position holders in RDFRA.... they were generally units reps.

Bear in mind I’m talking 10 years ago so most of those people have probably left the RDF at this stage

Comment

Just checked and there is actually a new website. And look the policies https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/ff480...5ca2ffee42.pdf
                    That website is brand new because it wasn't like that a short time ago.

But I will have to say I am impressed. I might actually have to shut my gob...

Comment

• Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

The last annual delegate conference was 4/5 weeks ago. Why has that not been updated? Should the accounts not be published yearly after been audited by an independent auditor? Maybe they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by batterysgt View Post
                        https://www.facebook.com/64482377562...7697371336348/
                        The last annual delegate conference was 4/5 weeks ago. Why has that not been updated? Should the accounts not be published yearly after been audited by an independent auditor? Maybe they are.
                        They are and they are normally presented at the ADC

Comment

And, did you mean to say..."Individuals might be, the Organisation isn’t going in to talks and saying that"? - the comma is very important.

Ref my comment about 1 Bde

1 Bde and the old 4 Bde were very different from the other 2 formations (not all negative) but in my experience the reorg process (as you hint it) and attitudes to fitness mainly came from those formations.

Not that is just the impression

I know everyone in my pre-reorg Unit has to do a 451/667 when applying for a position in 2012/13

Comment

but in my experience the reorg process (as you hint it) and attitudes to fitness mainly came from those formations.
                            I would correct it to say that the poor attitudes to fitness came fromk SOME in those formations, not everyone.

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                            I know everyone in my pre-reorg Unit has to do a 451/667 when applying for a position in 2012/13
                            Not from what I saw in some units in the re-org - I even saw a non-effective get a position in 1 unit.

Comment

I would correct it to say that the poor attitudes to fitness came fromk SOME in those formations, not everyone.

Not from what I saw in some units in the re-org - I even saw a non-effective get a position in 1 unit.
                              I’m talking in my experience and I didn’t say all

Comment

• Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

What is RDFRA doing for us, seems like the NSR can promote away and well done to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X