Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recruitment/Promotion Embargo (untill end of 2010!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
    People can only be posted to the non-effective on 1 January (or afterwards if they weren't and should have been).

They can be discharged when they have been non-effective for 2 years (this is in the new R5), TOE (ie their term of service (3 years or whatever is up) or at their own request.

I've managed to get rid of around 5 over the last 2/3 years by just asking people to return their uniform and while they are there ask them do they want to be discharged.
    Ah, so it IS the calendar year for discharges then....
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• there is a wonderful opportunity here to centralize recruiting and basic training outside the Bns and do it right for a change. Also post recruits to units that need people - 80% to corps units to keep the skills base alive.
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• were they enlisted an dOfficer ranks

at the PDFORRA ADC he announced about 20 all ranks promotions.
        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• Originally posted by kermit
          De Minister has apparently announced 50 promotions for the Defence Forces at today's RACO Conference.
          One of those is probably the GOC 1 S Bde position ?

Also, the RDF Pot Offr Cse is being commissioned next weekend, congrats to all concerned
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• 50 of all ranks according to the radio

Comment

• “We’re not going to leave it below 10,000 . . . that’s a Government decision. We’ll be recruiting shortly and I’m sure we’ll go back over the 10,000.” The full strength of the Defence Forces in recent years has been 10,500." - thats quoting the Minister!

The biffo singled out the DF during the week that the DF was a model for reform in the public service, Colm McCarthy wanted to lose 500 soldiers over 3 years - the Government / DF has managed to get more than that over 8/9 months!!

Comment

• From reading the paper today it seems that the 50 also include those

whom he mentioned at the PDFORRA gig.

still its a start.
                Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• A bit of light at the end of the tunnel regarding recruitment....
                  or am I being over optimistic?

Comment

• Minister Announces Promotions in the Defence Forces 24th Nov 2009

The Minister for Defence Willie O'Dea T.D. today announced that approval has been granted for limited promotions within the Permanent Defence Forces. A total number of 50 positions will be affected by this announcment.
                    This signals the imminent approval by the Minister of promotions within the Reserve Defence Force, this had been indicated by the Mimister at a meeting earlier in November between the Minister, Department of Defence officials and RDFRA (Reserve Defence Forces Representative Association).

The exact details of the type and number of RDF promotions will be published at a later date.
                    Via RDFRA

It probably related to commissions but heres hoping!

Comment

• Originally posted by Willie O'Dea View Post
                      “The Government has decided the Defence Forces will not be allowed to fall below 10,000,” he said.

“I will be recruiting in the New Year. There may be a temporary hiatus, but I assure you it will be temporary.”
                      Originally posted by ;245976
                      "A commitment has been given to maintain the Defence Forces at 10,000, suggesting the Government is open to easing the recruitment moratorium."
                      So does anybody really know whats going on? Are they really going to start recruiting or what?

I rang the manpower office and they said they haven't heard anything except for what Willie O'Dea and the media are saying. But they said to call back in a few weeks case of any updates.

Comment

• Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
                        So does anybody really know whats going on? Are they really going to start recruiting or what?
                        No one except those at the Cabinet table know!

Comment

• The Department of Defence has confirmed to PDFORRA that the 38 NCOs serving in Chad and 2 NCOs serving in ISAF will be paid their acting pay on the 2nd December 2009 (i.e. on pay week 48/09).

The Department of Defence has further confirmed that the 20 Personnel serving in Kosovo will be paid their acting pay on the 16th December 2009 (i.e. on pay week 50/09)

The Minister of Defence Mr Willie O’Dea has announced that he has secured an exemption for the Defence Forces for 50 promotions across the ranks.

PDFORRA will commence talks with the Department of Defence through the Conciliation Council on how these promotions will be implemented in the coming days.

The Minister also announced that he was in talks with the Minister of Finance to secure an exemption for the Defence Forces to the recruitment moratorium.

ERROR 4.0.4Something  Went Wrong The page you are looking for was moved, removed, renamed or might never existed. Please Click on Home below to return to the main menu. HOME

Comment

• Good news that.
                            "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

• In talks - like the unions were in talks!

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                                The Minister also announced that he was in talks with the Minister of Finance to secure an exemption for the Defence Forces to the recruitment moratorium.
                                WHOOHOO!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X