Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recruitment/Promotion Embargo (untill end of 2010!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sofa View Post
    Some RDF units are at the this time taking in 4 to 5 recruits.
    I thought the RDF were always allowed to recruit up to a certain limit? We've had about 5 recruits since last summer. Units are only allowed to fill vacancies i thought?

Comment

• Is there a point to RDF units taking in 4 or 5 recruits iv seen one in our unit in the last couple of weeks but without a proper quantity of recruits and NCO's when will they be trained? We did our module 1 and 2 training over a number of wednesday nights and Easter Camp last year we just about made up 3 sections with one NCO to each. No 2 I/Cs !!! Fair play to the NCO's involved they did a good job with all recruits passing Table 21 ect. Summer Camp went better with plenty of NCO's and 3 stars on the Pots. With a probable reduction in the man days for 2010 will the recruits actually get the time given to them?
      Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

• *OOOh handags *

I just wanted to make sure we were singing from the same hymn sheet.

Dáil Q&A's were in the politics section, as usual he (wee willie),in true politician style, side-stepped most of the questions without answering them directly.
        still though,the ball is rolling at least...

Comment

• Is there a point to RDF units ,,,,,
          depends on your point of view
          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
            depends on your point of view
            Yes if your in receipt of an allowance or a position based on the Reserve.

No if your anyone else!
            "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Originally posted by bored snipped:( View Post
              Acting schmacting
              I was talking about the 50 promotions, according to my pdforra rep these are set for permanent positions at home, and said to be happening in the new year.
              Fom pdforra circular in december: "The Minister of Defence Mr Willie O’Dea has announced that he has secured an exemption for the Defence Forces for 50 promotions across the ranks."

Has anyone heard anything reference these?

It might just get the ball rolling a bit and make way for small steps towards an exemption for the DF from the moratorium.
              Most of those promotions have actually occured-
              Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
              Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
              The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
              The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
              The best lack all conviction, while the worst
              Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                Most of those promotions have actually occured-
                For real? i mustn't be well in enough to know then

Still though, it still means progress is being made.....worst case scenario only a wait of eleven months or so to go...

Comment

• promotions

Irish Independant carried a report 27/1/10 that 170 Garda promotions were approved.

Comment

• Hi all,
                    First time posting here, new to IMO, so im sorry if this question was already asked/answered. Ive been hoping to do a cadetship since I was about 16, im just about to finish college now at the end of May and I was wondering if there would be a cadetship competition held this year? I know there's an embargo but I was wondering if cadetship would be afforded some kind of exemption, probably wishful thinking I know but just after going so long wanting it! Thanks a lot!
                    PS. congrats to all recently commissioned officers!

Comment

• Originally posted by mcmahm25 View Post
                      Hi all,
                      First time posting here, new to IMO, so im sorry if this question was already asked/answered. Ive been hoping to do a cadetship since I was about 16, im just about to finish college now at the end of May and I was wondering if there would be a cadetship competition held this year? I know there's an embargo but I was wondering if cadetship would be afforded some kind of exemption, probably wishful thinking I know but just after going so long wanting it! Thanks a lot!
                      PS. congrats to all recently commissioned officers!
                      Well there hasn't been one announced, but since it went ahead last year, and the fact that i don't think there has even been a year without a cadet class, chances are that there should be one.

Also if you haven't already, i suggest you have a look at the Cadets Booklet:
                      Defence Forces personnel lead a "Life less Ordinary". All aspects of military life are varied and for each member of the Force each day may bring a new challenge.

You should have a good look at the qualifications section.

In it it says:

b. Graduates must possess as a minimum Grade D3 in the following
                      Ordinary/Higher level subjects:
                      (1) Mathematics.
                      (2) Irish or English
                      (3) Any four Matriculation subjects not already selected.

AND

Must have obtained a recognised degree i.e. a Third Level Degree awarded up to
                      the end of 2004. With effect from 2005 have successfully completed an
                      Honours Bachelor Degree programme at pass or honours level (level 8 of the
                      National Framework of Qualifications),
                      Now i'm not sure, but from what i understand, in order for you to enter as a graduate you must possess a level 8 degree?? Otherwise they'd just take your leaving cert into account???

Now i'm not sure because i'm not in the PDF myself and am mostly interested in general enlistment, so i think you should clarify that with the competitions office:
                      Defence Forces personnel lead a "Life less Ordinary". All aspects of military life are varied and for each member of the Force each day may bring a new challenge.

Comment

• Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
                        Well there hasn't been one announced, but since it went ahead last year, and the fact that i don't think there has even been a year without a cadet class, chances are that there should be one.

Also if you haven't already, i suggest you have a look at the Cadets Booklet:

You should have a good look at the qualifications section.

In it it says:

Now i'm not sure, but from what i understand, in order for you to enter as a graduate you must possess a level 8 degree?? Otherwise they'd just take your leaving cert into account???

Now i'm not sure because i'm not in the PDF myself and am mostly interested in general enlistment, so i think you should clarify that with the competitions office:
                        http://www.military.ie/careers/contact.htm#comp
                        Thanks man! Yeah had a look at it, Im due to complete a level 8 honours BA Degree. I also have those LC results, its just im 24 now, 25 in sept and Im afraid Im getting a bit long in the tooth if they dont run one this year..

Comment

• Originally posted by mcmahm25 View Post
                          Thanks man! Yeah had a look at it, Im due to complete a level 8 honours BA Degree. I also have those LC results, its just im 24 now, 25 in sept and Im afraid Im getting a bit long in the tooth if they dont run one this year..
                          Maximum age for enlistment is 25 i think.

And i think max for Cadets is about 28, so your're grand for time there

Comment

• 24 last i checked.
                            Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Comment

• 24 seems sort of tight for graduates, I'll be near 23 when I finish and I went straight from school

Comment

• Yup, it's 28 for Cadets

c. Be not less than 17 years of age and under 28 years of age on 1 November, in
                                the competition year.

Comment

Working...
                                X