Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recruitment/Promotion Embargo (untill end of 2010!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
    Not really.

It was stated that they have permission in the 2010 Budget. But it doesn't mean that it's actually going ahead.

Until an official DF statement on the matter is released it's all hearsay
    +1

Until you see it in black and white its still a rumour

Comment

• I'm nearly 25. Say recruitment opens up after I turn 25 - will I be excluded from consideration, or is the cut off point 25 yr and 11 mths (basically, you're allowed be 25, as long as you won't turn 26 before starting training)?

Comment

• Originally posted by NR369 View Post
        I'm nearly 25. Say recruitment opens up after I turn 25 - will I be excluded from consideration, or is the cut off point 25 yr and 11 mths (basically, you're allowed be 25, as long as you won't turn 26 before starting training)?
        Ring 'em up and ask them. Thats what the recruitment office is there for.

And you'll get a definite answer. Information on a forum isn't always accurate

Comment

• Defence Forces personnel lead a "Life less Ordinary". All aspects of military life are varied and for each member of the Force each day may bring a new challenge.

According to that it's under 25 years....so up to the day before your 25th birthday

Comment

• You must sign on the dotted line before your 25th birthday

Comment

• There was a lad in with me, he turned 25 during intrerviews etc... he had to sign up before he turned 25, which was a week before training started.
              Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Comment

• I was told today first hand from a Capt that there will be 200 Recruits this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Border Bunny View Post
                  I was told today first hand from a Capt that there will be 200 Recruits this year.
                  This has been said before.

Also Minister for Defence himself (well former minister) as well as Brian Cowen have already said that recruitment has been secured in the 2010 budget and that they will be recruiting in around 300 or so and preparation was already underway

But that's still no guarantee.

It doesn't matter who you heard it from (even if it's from the Minister for Defence or even the Chief of staff) unless an official date is released it's all just rumors and political gibber-jabber.

Comment

• I f*ckin hate rumours!

I emailed the DF to ask for app forms just so i'd have them in the event that recruitment is announced publicly, they emailed back saying all applications will be done online from now on, I can see that site crashing when an announcement is made!

Comment

• Originally posted by ArdMhacha View Post
                      I f*ckin hate rumours!

I emailed the DF to ask for app forms just so i'd have them in the event that recruitment is announced publicly, they emailed back saying all applications will be done online from now on, I can see that site crashing when an announcement is made!
                      Online????? WTF?

They didnt think it was a cadet form did they?
                      Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darksaga View Post
                        Online????? WTF?

They didnt think it was a cadet form did they?
                        Yeah cadet forms are filled out online.

For general enlistment it's filled out on paper.

Also they gave back all the applications they received from before the ban and aren't giving anymore out until recruitment actually commences.

Comment

• Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
                          Ring 'em up and ask them. Thats what the recruitment office is there for.
                          surely if you ring up the Irish DF recruitment team - the phone would just ring out without being answered?!

otherwise - no wonder you aren't recruiting anyone because you have people employed in jobs that serve no purpose and must do no work what so ever!

that must be a cushy number - part of the recruitment team that doesn't recruit anyone for years?!
                          RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                            surely if you ring up the Irish DF recruitment team - the phone would just ring out without being answered?!

otherwise - no wonder you aren't recruiting anyone because you have people employed in jobs that serve no purpose and must do no work what so ever!

that must be a cushy number - part of the recruitment team that doesn't recruit anyone for years?!
                            Actually i'd say they have non-stop calls all day from people asking questions.

Just look at the DF facebook page for example. It's covered in people saying things like "how old do you have to be to join?" and "what are the requirements??"

Just because there is no recruitment at present doesn't mean that they can't answer questions about recruitment.

Questions exactly like NR369's for example.

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                            You say that as if it's a common occurrence. As if the DF recruit 1 year out of 5 or something.

I think this has only happened one other time in the history of the DF, as far as i'm aware anyways.

Comment

• exactly my point - one decent web page full of Questions and Answers and the criteria for entry into the Irish DF would suffice.

this would mean you could get rid of the recruitment team if all they do is answer questions - feed them into the mainstream army through natural wastage and when the time comes that you are recruiting again - generate a new team which will leave slots in the mainstream army that need new recruits to fill!

"oh i'm part of the Irish DF recruiting team" - "oh really, how many recruits have you recruited?" - "well none for a few years but i have answered feck loads of questions!"

good job!
                              Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 2 April 2010, 01:49.
                              RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                                exactly my point - one decent web page full of Questions and Answers and the criteria for entry into the Irish DF would suffice.

this would mean you could get rid of the recruitment team if all they do is answer questions - feed them into the mainstream army through natural wastage and when the time comes that you are recruiting again - generate a new team which will leave slots in the mainstream army that need new recruits to fill!

"oh i'm part of the Irish DF recruiting team" - "oh really, how many recruits have you recruited?" - "well none for a few years but i have answered feck loads of questions!"

good job!
                                They're actually still taking in and managing every application/applicant. They're not just fobbed off.

Applications are kept on record and the recruitment office keeps them up to date as to when they can be taken in.
                                To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Working...
                                X