Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recruitment/Promotion Embargo (untill end of 2010!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
    exactly my point - one decent web page full of Questions and Answers and the criteria for entry into the Irish DF would suffice.

this would mean you could get rid of the recruitment team if all they do is answer questions - feed them into the mainstream army through natural wastage and when the time comes that you are recruiting again - generate a new team which will leave slots in the mainstream army that need new recruits to fill!

"oh i'm part of the Irish DF recruiting team" - "oh really, how many recruits have you recruited?" - "well none for a few years but i have answered feck loads of questions!"

good job!
    Thats already what they did, and people still ring up asking those questions.

You'll see that on the site you can download the general service booklet as well as the cadet booklet which contains all the info you need.

Yet people still call up to ask questions.

A person to talk to is always better then a computer with preset questions and answers. What if your question isn't there? Are you going to shout it frantically at the screen and see if that makes a difference??? No, you're going to ring up the manpower office and ask.

A lot of random people i've talked to, regular joe soaps, didn't even realize that the public jobs ban extended to the DF. A lot of people still think they're recruiting. Which is another reason why they still get a lot of calls.
    Last edited by spaceghetti; 2 April 2010, 02:04.

Comment

• Originally posted by HavocIRL View Post
      They're actually still taking in and managing every application/applicant. They're not just fobbed off.

Applications are kept on record and the recruitment office keeps them up to date as to when they can be taken in.
      They stopped taking applications last july-ish.

And they returned all applications they received before that date in January because they were out of date

At that time there was an average of 1,000 applications per brigade.

Now there are zero

They are currently not handing out nor accepting fresh applications till the recruitment recommences.

Comment

• Originally posted by HavocIRL View Post
        They're actually still taking in and managing every application/applicant. They're not just fobbed off.

Applications are kept on record and the recruitment office keeps them up to date as to when they can be taken in.
        ok if that's what they are doing then that's a fair one but i get the feeling it's going to be a big cluster fcuk when it all kicks off again.

by the time they are recruiting again - most of the applicants who have applied in the past during the ban will have other jobs or left the country or even joined other armies and the recruitment team will be left chasing their tails.

best to start on a clean sheet i reckon when the time comes - open the doors and see who comes in.
        RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

ok if that's what they are doing then that's a fair one but i get the feeling it's going to be a big cluster fcuk when it all kicks off again.

by the time they are recruiting again - most of the applicants who have applied in the past during the ban will have other jobs or left the country or even joined other armies and the recruitment team will be left chasing their tails.

best to start on a clean sheet i reckon when the time comes - open the doors and see who comes in.
          Done already, read my last post.

Comment

• Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
            Done already, read my last post.

well i've read your post but.....

Originally posted by HavocIRL View Post

Originally posted by amurph0 View Post

And they returned all applications they received before that date in January because they were out of date

At that time there was an average of 1,000 applications per brigade.

Now there are zero

They are currently not handing out nor accepting fresh applications till the recruitment recommences.
            2 VERY different answers - which one of you is telling the truth?!
            Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 2 April 2010, 02:21.
            RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

• Originally posted by amurph0 View Post

I think there may also have been issues with Data Protection, hence the return of these
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• who cares - they still ain't recruiting.

anyhow, see ya later, i'm off to the pub for my Good Friday pint
                RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

• Heathen....

Comment

2 VERY different answers - which one of you is telling the truth?!
                    ....me!

Comment

• Tim, it's not for me to say what you can and can't post mate.

You're not the only one to get annoyed when a BA theme'd conversation/arguement hijacks a thread, it annoys me too. I am after all on this site to network among, learn about and discuss the DF. Being ex-BA, I do enjoy browsing the dedicated BA threads on this site, but that's where it belongs.

The whole "the DF aren't recruiting, join the BA!" has been done to death now. Anyone joining the site who wants any info on this subject can use the search function as far as I'm concerned. We don't need to keep regurgitating the same topic.

That said, I'm still more than happy to pass on any advice to anyone wishing to join the BA, particularly the Royal Signals, as that's where my own experience lies.

If you want to wind up RGJ or any of the other BA lads, then Tim I'd suggest opening a thread where you can openly slag the lads and what they represent to your hearts content. I'm sure RGJ, Vanguard and whoever else enjoys debating with you will be more than happy to engage you in your own purpose built "The World According to TimHorgan" thread (for example).

Comment

• Mod: Tim, post and replies removed
                        Last edited by Vickers; 6 April 2010, 18:05. Reason: removed comment
                        "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vickers View Post
                          Mod: Tim, post and replies removed

Thank you-and SwiftandSure, CS.
                          Tim Horgan

Comment

• First post so be gentle. I got my application back from the western brig. office recently and according to the person i talked to in athlone i was ninth in a list of about 300 or so people which is what the app. said too. i had applied 19 months ago and they had it all that time. do anyone know if that means when recuirtment starts again i have to reply all over again? cheers if anyone knows anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by jackthelad View Post
                              First post so be gentle. I got my application back from the western brig. office recently and according to the person i talked to in athlone i was ninth in a list of about 300 or so people which is what the app. said too. i had applied 19 months ago and they had it all that time. do anyone know if that means when recuirtment starts again i have to reply all over again? cheers if anyone knows anything.
                              Yep, re-apply.
                              Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Comment

• cheers darksage. bit of a kick in sack, maybe we should just join the legion, or the should have a irish foreign legion, and it has to be all done as gaeilge and the like.

Comment

Working...
                                X