Sgt Terry Murphy R.I.P (Ret)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think of the biggest tornado of energy you could possibly imagine

and double it- and that might give you a small idea what Terry Murphy was like.

Terry was mad- stone mad-

There was a glint behind his eyes that just subscribed to it- when we were on an exercise and he came up with an idea you knew well you would be sweating through every pore in your body
    and sucking oxygen through your arse

but having the best crack you could ever have as a Soldier.

When Terry joined the Vikings he brought us to a new level of Viking ness- In all the years I have known him I dont think I ever saw him without a cup in his hand.

Terry's brother Steve was a Viking and so was his son a Viking- together they made 3 damn good blokes.

He was a lad who would give easily of his time- I was a shite shot on the Bap and he came on the rangge one day and taught me how to fire a weapon I had qualified on years before- I became a very good shot with the Bap because of him.

Terry was a Soldier through and through- I am glad I knew him-

RIP and sincere sympathy and condolonces to his family.

A flaming longboat will be sent down the Canal to the valhalla of the Ratser.
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

I've heard about Sgt Murphy in work, the fact he is held in such high regard speaks volumes about him as both a person and a soldier.

RIP Sgt.

Nulli Secundus

Comment

Rip

Comment

Terry was mad- stone mad-
          Thats one hell of an epitaph!
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Rip

Comment

r.i.p.

Comment

God Bless Terry, i served along side him for mnay a day and year in Monaghan, he was a true and an ultimate Soldier, and very professional in all ways, he will be greatly missed by everyone, May Terry Rest off in eternal peace, RIP Mate.

Comment

I served with Terry in Monaghan and with his brother overseas. He was a very professional soldier, someone that the younger ones could learn a thing or two from. But, as someone, or probably many have said before me, he was a nutter (and a trekkie). May he rest in peace in "Stovokor".

Comment

RIP Terry

Comment

From the family with sincere thanks

I would like to take this oppurtinity to thank everyone who has posted condolences.
                      Its a testament to my brothers regard within the military.
                      He will be sadly missed by my self stephen ex corporal 2bn,by my brother willie ex corporal Air corpsClick image for larger version

Name:	Stephen NCO.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	274.1 KB
ID:	695715

Click image for larger version

Name:	CCF06092009_00003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	695716
                      All our family are miliatry ,in fact the common joke was the one who wasnt a soldier was the dog, But we always knew our mother was the Co.

My father who sadly passed away last year from cancer was also a military man ,Serving in the enginer corps untill retirement.

I was lucky to have served with my brother ,he thought me everything i know and then some.His nick name int the wing was the weasel,he used to call me the baby weasel.
                      Terry loved to sky dive and he introduced me to it at the age of 16, i caught the bug for it and we had many trips away jumping both military and civilian.

Words cannot describe how much we will miss him, its a tragedy of the worst kind.

Funeral mass will be held in the church of the most precious blood in cabra west dublin 7 this saturday 10 am 19/09/09, and removal to glasnevin crematorium.

Comment

Terry's funeral will be this Saturday in Cabra.

Details to follow

or simply ring O Room 2 Bn.
                        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                          Terry's funeral will be this Saturday in Cabra.

Details to follow

or simply ring O Room 2 Bn.
                          Cheers for that..

Comment

Another nice bloke and as someone stated already a soldier through and through. There is no finer epitaph for a man who choses our career

Comment

Working...
                            X