Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maritime Security Work For Naval Personnel

Guys,

A friend of mine passed this info on to me. I am not the point of contact for the job-
    This company is looking for people with training experience and want an international flavour to their workforce. The type of people they are looking for sounds like something that people from a coastguard type navy could take on and manage well.
    This job is not dangerous, mainly FORST type training for merchant navy folk. They are interested in people with simulator training experience also. And anyone who might have been giving intensive training courses onboard ship.

See below for details.

Naval Personnel Required

Consultant Role

We are a rapidly expanding Maritime Security Company based in the United Kingdom.
    We welcome c.v. submissions from individuals with the following experience, for short term contract positions worldwide.

• Naval Rank of Petty Officer and above
    • Seagoing experience
    • 10 Years plus service
    • Experience in a training environment
    • Warfare, Ops & DCFF experience
    • Good communications skills and positive attitude
    • Language skills desirable

We adopt a flexible policy towards our consultants and each placement will be by mutual agreement. This role would ideally suit an individual prepared to travel worldwide for short but intensive assignments.

Please feel free to forward your c.v. to hr@mmwc.org

We look forward to hearing from you.

In the light of recent employment losses amongst many people in Ireland I am allowing this post on the off chance that it may be suitable to some of you. Please note that I have not vetted the company involved beyond looking at their website so it is up to you to verify the details and any contracts offered.

IMO Takes no respobsibility for any offers related to this company.

Comment

Originally posted by boomer View Post
      In the light of recent employment losses amongst many people in Ireland I am allowing this post on the off chance that it may be suitable to some of you. Please note that I have not vetted the company involved beyond looking at their website so it is up to you to verify the details and any contracts offered.

IMO Takes no respobsibility for any offers related to this company.
      Boomer, that´s good of you and appreciated. As you know there are no end of retired and serving sailors worldwide who would be available to take up such positions.
      So, this is posted here solely to make Irish Naval personnel aware of it. My understanding is that it is a security company which is not involved in the provision of armed guards or other such dodgy activities. It´s purely a training and auditing role.
      Like you said, with the employment situation at the moment, this posting might benefit somebody who needs a break. Thanks again.

Comment

Sounds like a sea marshal job, it's where you travel with a ship and help it fight off pirates by training the crew, preparing the vessel and co-ordinate resistance if pirates are encountered, several security companies offer such a service. Wouldn't like to be the sea marshal who fails though!!!

Comment

Had a look at this site myself, it sounds interesting. I think it may suit personnel who can ship out at very short notice. Short term contract work, If you are an ex-PO or upwards and not working it may suit.

Comment

Great simple idea, I hope they make gazillions.

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Working...
            X