PO/Mech Brendan Buckley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PO/Mech Brendan Buckley

I was saddened to hear tonight of the passing of an old comrade Brendan Buckley an ex PO/Mech. I had not seen Brendan for about 9 years, but I remember a man who could keep a crowd enthralled with his stories of his own exploits.

I wish him well in the hereafter, and condolences to his brother Frank (I think still serving) and his family.

Brendan Buckley Ex-PO/Mech

Death Notices for 26 September 2009
    Buckley (Cork): On September 24, 2009, peacefully, at home, in Grange, BRENDAN (late of the Naval Service), devoted father of Claire and Kim. Sadly missed by Muraod and Evan, also by Monica and his father Bill, mother May, brothers and sisters Ann, Edward, Elizabeth, Marian, Bernice, Tony, Frank and Susan, his extended family and friends. Lying in repose at the Wilton Funeral Home, Sarsfield Road, of Jerh O'Connor Ltd. Removal on this (Saturday) evening at 7pm to the Church of the Assumption, Ballyphehane. Requiem Mass on Monday next at 12 noon. Funeral afterwards to St. Joseph's Cemetery. May he rest in peace

Comment

Originally posted by blaisec View Post
      Death Notices for 26 September 2009
      Buckley (Cork): On September 24, 2009, peacefully, at home, in Grange, BRENDAN (late of the Naval Service), devoted father of Claire and Kim. Sadly missed by Muraod and Evan, also by Monica and his father Bill, mother May, brothers and sisters Ann, Edward, Elizabeth, Marian, Bernice, Tony, Frank and Susan, his extended family and friends. Lying in repose at the Wilton Funeral Home, Sarsfield Road, of Jerh O'Connor Ltd. Removal on this (Saturday) evening at 7pm to the Church of the Assumption, Ballyphehane. Requiem Mass on Monday next at 12 noon. Funeral afterwards to St. Joseph's Cemetery. May he rest in peace
      i met him a little over a year ago - - he told me that the brother left the ns
      sad times indeed rip brendan

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
        i met him a little over a year ago - - he told me that the brother left the ns
        sad times indeed rip brendan
        very sad i had already posted a note in another thread before i saw this one.. a gas man he was and enjoyed the crack rip

Comment

RIP
          and condolonces on the loss of your mate.
          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Very saddened to hear this news

My sincerest condolence to the family

Rest in peace shipmate
            What do you mean abandon ship
            Are they taking requests?

Comment

May he + Rest In Peace +

Comment

Served with Brendan on Eithne. One of the funniest guys you could meet.

I'm truly shocked at his passing

Came across him a couple of years ago again, never changed.

Codolonces to family and friends.

Rest in Peace , Brendan.

I'm sorry but this is the only phot I have him. not much but he was up this mischievious self as usual.
                Last edited by hptmurphy; 27 September 2009, 01:27.
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Rip

Comment

a great character and a great shipmate always in good form. very sad to recieve this news
                    may he rest in peace

Comment

Working...
                    X