Thanks Thanks:  91
Likes Likes:  272
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1076

Thread: Soldier 2010

Post Thanks / Like
    So now there's brown boots for Mali, desert boots for Mali and Afghanistan and ? and black boots for every other situation, including Syria (desert) and Lebanon (not quite desert but hardly The Glen either). Meanwhile our neighbours across the wee pond are buying up Europe's supply of brown boots, meaning we could have potentially piggybacked on a deal and gotten cheaper but good quality kit? Riiiiight.
    The brown desert boots were purchased for the Mali contingent as the standard magnum version was not durable enough for the task the lads on the ground were doing.They are a test boot with a view to reintroducing a desert boot for all missions that need them.
    What's redesigned about the shirt and what's new about the wet gear?
    Haven't seen them but from those who have been up to OCES and seen the prototypes they say the shirt is going to UBAC style pockets and the waterproofs are going to be a new lightweight design with similar pockets.
    "105,000 dead. 40,000,000 unemployed. Police murdering African-Americans. You’ve completed you’re mission. You’ve made America great. Now get the f**k out."

- Rob Reiner.

"Yes he's an idiot with zero common sense,and no social skills,but he IS my son.I just hope he never goes into politics.He'd be a disaster.

- Mary Anne Trump

#unfollowtrump

2. Thanks sofa, Buck thanked for this post
    Likes The real Jack, ODIN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spider pig View Post
    I heard the redesigned shirt is to accommodate females breasts....this moving the breast pockets lower.
    Lower - as in - gone
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Post Thanks / Like
    No DRYFLO's to be issued to anyone except recruits until next March.New style t-shirt due in.Running down old stock.
    "105,000 dead. 40,000,000 unemployed. Police murdering African-Americans. You’ve completed you’re mission. You’ve made America great. Now get the f**k out."

- Rob Reiner.

"Yes he's an idiot with zero common sense,and no social skills,but he IS my son.I just hope he never goes into politics.He'd be a disaster.

- Mary Anne Trump

#unfollowtrump

Lt Colonel
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    The brown desert boots were purchased for the Mali contingent as the standard magnum version was not durable enough for the task the lads on the ground were doing.They are a test boot with a view to reintroducing a desert boot for all missions that need them...
    this may sound pretty obvious, but can i suggest that if the standard version of a boot isn't durable enough for a job like the training team in Mali, then its not going to be durable enough for pretty much anything involving people with rifles, and that you should stop using them..?

what, if curiosity is allowed to get the better of me, boots does the Irish Army does the issue for the Afghanistan and Mali jobs?

Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ropebag View Post
    this may sound pretty obvious, but can i suggest that if the standard version of a boot isn't durable enough for a job like the training team in Mali, then its not going to be durable enough for pretty much anything involving people with rifles, and that you should stop using them..?

what, if curiosity is allowed to get the better of me, boots does the Irish Army does the issue for the Afghanistan and Mali jobs?
    The magnum viper. Comy but the sole is prone to delaminating in heat and its not the most breathable for hot climates.

7. Thanks ropebag thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Magnums are "Light Operational Boots" they are really only suitable for barracks wear and damage very easily in even semi robust training

Post Thanks / Like
    What's the new style? Similar dry flo material?
    I knew a simple soldier boy.....
    Who grinned at life in empty joy,
    Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
    And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
    With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
    He put a bullet through his brain.
    And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
    Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
    Sneak home and pray you'll never know
    The hell where youth and laughter go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    Mocha in colour, apparently. FFS... 🤔🤔🤔
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Lord Chief Bottlewasher trellheim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    .New style t-shirt due in
    thank heavens lets hope its not nylon again
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Brigadier General
    Post Thanks / Like
    In one of todays papers, One million euro contract to a Norin Iron company for SD1s anyone know if this is the new design.?

Commander in Chief
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it's the same norn iron company who do our stuff, god help ye.
    German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
    German 2: Private? I am a general!
    German 1: That is the bad news.

14. Thanks sofa thanked for this post
    Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tell me its not hunter again... please no!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sofa View Post
    In one of todays papers, One million euro contract to a Norin Iron company for SD1s anyone know if this is the new design.?
    Was wondering the same myself. I checked E-Tenders, but couldn't find a tender doc.
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Non Temetis Messor The real Jack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it's a different supplier it'll be yet another different shade of No1s!!
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Brigadier General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Company called Tailored Image in Dungannon. has partner companies in Asia and Easter Europe

20. Dislikes na grohmiti disliked this post
    Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, they have a place just off the dual carriageway in a small outlet centre. Its not their first gig for the DF, i think they might have a DF civilian suit contract.

22. Thanks sofa thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ODIN View Post
    Was wondering the same myself. I checked E-Tenders, but couldn't find a tender doc.
    Probably a fastball to take advantage of the weak sterling.

The same company produced the new clip on tie for the SD's

- Rob Reiner.

- Mary Anne Trump

#unfollowtrump

24. Thanks sofa thanked for this post
    BQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    I have one. It's a major improvement on the DPM driflo anyway, has a different feel to it as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge Magnet View Post
    I have one. It's a major improvement on the DPM driflo anyway, has a different feel to it as well.
    T-shirt or UBAC?

- Rob Reiner.

- Mary Anne Trump

#unfollowtrump

Commander in Chief
    Post Thanks / Like
    Their quality is very poor. We got a new issue of uniform recently and there are so many things wrong, rather than doing returns individually, we will be doing them collectively. I got two identically sized trousers, one which had legs that were 2 inches longer than the other. The stitching on the pocket failed after less than a week. The front stitching on the shirt is done on a misscut material. Badges that used to be embroidered to the garment are now instead just an embroidered badge, ironed on.
    I have worn peakers and other uniform hats for 28 years, I know exactly what my hat size is. However for some reason with Tailored image my size is too big, and I have to go a size smaller. My head has not shrunk.

Post Thanks / Like
    My head has not shrunk.
    LOL. Some would say it has gone the opposite way over the years!!
    (Sorry. Couldn't resist.)

- Rob Reiner.

- Mary Anne Trump

#unfollowtrump

29. Likes na grohmiti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny that seeing as you lot still issue the same boot in the Desert patrol category.The Magnum scorpion.Ye just had the luxury of having a Desert combat category also for heavy duty stuff.We didn't.
    Now we have both.

( The Scorpions are no longer made or issued to any other Irish contingent.Once the stocks of them have been exhausted I reckon the Haix desert boot will become standard.)

- Rob Reiner.

- Mary Anne Trump

#unfollowtrump

31. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Commander in Chief
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    LOL. Some would say it has gone the opposite way over the years!!
    (Sorry. Couldn't resist.)
    Open goal there.

33. Likes apod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody seen any of the trials kit knocking around?( or been issued any even?)

- Rob Reiner.

- Mary Anne Trump

#unfollowtrump

Thread Information