Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything new on the horizon at all gents? Even any ballhops?

Comment

• Lowa,s all round and fobus style pistol holsters that attach to battle vest chest rig or belt
      Last edited by kaiser; 30 September 2015, 22:26.

Comment

• Plate carriers for all
        To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

• Not in my service time ^

Comment

• Originally posted by HavocIRL View Post
            Plate carriers for all
            *boo*

"hmm...no plate carriers for anyone"

*boo*

"OK then...plate carriers for some, miniature cultaca flashes for others"

*yay*

I knew a simple soldier boy.....
            Who grinned at life in empty joy,
            Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
            And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
            With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
            He put a bullet through his brain.
            And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
            Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
            Sneak home and pray you'll never know
            The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• Reservist patches for the RDF.

OH! Wait........
              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• What's a Che Che? Is that like a camo sniper veil?
                Last edited by That Conor One; 7 December 2015, 15:27.
                You kept us waiting 700 years, you can have your 7 minutes

Comment

• Originally posted by That Conor One View Post
                  What's a Che Che? Is that like a camo sniper veil?
                  That's a good question. I got issued one before I went overseas.

My understanding from talking to other people on the same trip is that it's a bit of kit issued before going overseas that everyone says 'I'm not bringing this feckin thing with me' and they leave it in their locker for the duration of the trip.
                  To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

But a more serious answer to your question is that to the best of my knowledge, it's a bit of kit we copied off the French for operating in the desert. Think of it like a lightweight shemagh/headscarf/headwrap.

Comment

• AFAIK the French got the idea from the Tuareg lads who lived in the now former French colonies in Africa. You can wear it like a turban or a full head wrap. Bigger that a shemagh by a good bit, and a different shape I think, rectangular rather than square. It's a bit of gear that never leaves the locker. Shemagh is a better choice for me. Smaller and warmer.
                      Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Comment

Finally got one.They are feckin huge!!
                        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by HavocIRL View Post
                          Plate carriers for all
                          Sorry for reviving this old post, but are there any indications that in the nearer future the DF will replace the current body armour?
                          Or any other part of the current kit, like the IPLCS e.g?
                          German citizen
                          Student at Griffith College Dublin
                          Served in the German Armed Forces
                          Likes to sew kit for soldiers and law enforcement - Check my album here!

Comment

• Originally posted by Paveway View Post
                            Sorry for reviving this old post, but are there any indications that in the nearer future the DF will replace the current body armour?
                            Or any other part of the current kit, like the IPLCS e.g?
                            No.I have asked a few contacts and IPLCS is here to stay for the foreseeable future.

Comment

• Thanks apod!

Are there no specialized units such as the ARW or recce platoons/companies who are issued better stuff?
                              I've contacted today Mr. Brig. Gen. Paul Pakenham, he's member of the High Level Planning and Procurement Group and again a really helpful Seargent at the Ordnance's office
                              regarding future acquisitions of kit since I haven't found any evidence or reliable figures within the strategy statement of 2015.
                              German citizen
                              Student at Griffith College Dublin
                              Served in the German Armed Forces
                              Likes to sew kit for soldiers and law enforcement - Check my album here!

Comment

• Didn't Gen Pakenham not retire in 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X