This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BANDIT View Post
    Sounds like Paris fashion week . All this Guicci gear and who in the hell can carry it. Too much emphasis on gear and not enough on the man carrying it.
    I'd be inclined to agree. Save the 20 different outfits and use the money for range time, training facilities etc.

Talking to a few PDF Junior Officers recently, they are in agreement but the inertia on evolution they face is mindboggling
    "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• I think a return to the celtic tradition of naked warriors should be revisited, just think of the money saved and if we use swords and shields instead of rifles thats more money saved again.
      It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

• Bam Bam u are missing the point . Too much emphasis on gear that may be nice to have even look cool etc but that may not be necessary . More emphasis on the condition and performance of the individual soldier: fitness, skill at arms etc. All the kit will not be worth a curse if the individual soldier is not fit and has not spent sufficient time on realistic effective training. As for the celtic warriors well looking at the standard of fitness that the PDF now require I am sure the celtic warriors of even the emergency would have passed the tests. Dare I even suggest that in spite of the lack of kit the average emergency period infantry soldier was probably fitter , was definitely tougher and more capable of fight than those of today.

Comment

• Ive been trying to find a pic of this new Barrack Jacket, not much luck.
          Anyone got any idea were I can find one or could some one post a pic here

Comment

• Originally posted by Bam Bam View Post
            I think a return to the celtic tradition of naked warriors should be revisited, just think of the money saved and if we use swords and shields instead of rifles thats more money saved again.
            White flags would be even cheaper?

Comment

• Originally posted by BANDIT View Post
              Bam Bam u are missing the point . Too much emphasis on gear that may be nice to have even look cool etc but that may not be necessary . More emphasis on the condition and performance of the individual soldier: fitness, skill at arms etc. All the kit will not be worth a curse if the individual soldier is not fit and has not spent sufficient time on realistic effective training. As for the celtic warriors well looking at the standard of fitness that the PDF now require I am sure the celtic warriors of even the emergency would have passed the tests. Dare I even suggest that in spite of the lack of kit the average emergency period infantry soldier was probably fitter , was definitely tougher and more capable of fight than those of today.
              Actually, the adverage emergency soldier was probably far less fit, people's diet wasn't as good, virtually everybody smoked during the 1940's, TB and other diseases were rampant, and people tended to be smaller.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bam Bam View Post
                I think a return to the celtic tradition of naked warriors should be revisited, just think of the money saved and if we use swords and shields instead of rifles thats more money saved again.
                Celts here,! when?

Comment

• Can anyone post a pic or link to the fleece ect ?
                  Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Celtic-Warrior View Post
                    Can anyone post a pic or link to the fleece ect ?
                    DPM Fleece
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Border Bunny; 6 May 2010, 13:48.

Comment

• I"m sorry but is "Touch and Grip" what the rest of the world calls velcro?
                      There may be only one time in your life when your country will call upon you and you will be the only one who can do the nasty job that has to be done -- do it or forever after there will be the taste of ashes in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARNGScout View Post
                        I"m sorry but is "Touch and Grip" what the rest of the world calls velcro?
                        VELCRO is a brand name.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARNGScout View Post
                          I"m sorry but is "Touch and Grip" what the rest of the world calls velcro?
                          Is it not called 'hook and loop' in your neck of the woods?
                          But there's no danger
                          It's a professional career
                          Though it could be arranged
                          With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
                          If you're out of luck you're out of work
                          We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment

• Bottom left picture. It says that the shirt must be worn tucked in during the winter???

Is that still used today or wha? Because i've never seen anyone wearing the uniform with the shirt tucked in at any time of year.

Comment

• Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
                              http://www.62infantry.com/images/Sum...ess_Poster.jpg

Bottom left picture. It says that the shirt must be worn tucked in during the winter???

Is that still used today or wha? Because i've never seen anyone wearing the uniform with the shirt tucked in at any time of year.
                              Only time I' ve seen it used is when personnel are wearing jumpers

Even at that, I' ve seen RDF (incorrectly) wear the shirt out of the trousers while
                              wearing the jumper

AFAIK, the dress instruction on the wear of the DPM uniform has not changed, so
                              yes, it is still supposed to be worn inside the trousers during the "Winter" period
                              for wear
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Not in CBB

Comment

Working...
                                X