Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not any where.. Its meant to be worn outside .. The jumper is not on issue any more and that was the only time it was worn on the inside.

Comment

• That might be changing with the new jacket coming it, it'll look s**t with the shirt hanging out the bottom.
      Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

• Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
        http://www.62infantry.com/images/Sum...ess_Poster.jpg

Bottom left picture. It says that the shirt must be worn tucked in during the winter???

Is that still used today or wha? Because i've never seen anyone wearing the uniform with the shirt tucked in at any time of year.
        The only time I've ever seen people wearing their shirt tucked in, including myself, is on a Battle PT or else out on the ground.

Comment

• Same here. Much more comfortable with CEFO on when the shirts tucked in.
          "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Craghopper View Post
            Not any where.. Its meant to be worn outside .. The jumper is not on issue any more and that was the only time it was worn on the inside.
            Look again at that article showing the dress types, the shirt is clearly tucked in when worn with the norwegian
            CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

• Originally posted by REX View Post
              Look again at that article showing the dress types, the shirt is clearly tucked in when worn with the norwegian
              I' m pretty sure that it was Apod that said it in another thread - the dress regulations
              never changed, so provision is still made for "winter dress" and "summer dress"
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                I' m pretty sure that it was Apod that said it in another thread - the dress regulations
                never changed, so provision is still made for "winter dress" and "summer dress"
                Actually i was WRONG( I put that in big letters for those here who seem to think i am conceited,not that i give a rats anyway)
                I did a bit of digging and found the Admin order/amendment taht states that the shirt is too be worn outside the pants all year round.I even copied it so i could quote it back to ye ,however i am at home posting this and the letter is in work.I will grab it tomorrow and we can put this one to bed.Sorry about the confusion lads
                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Well done APOD What would we do without u, Glad u have so much time on your hands. See u also changed your wee icon thingy

Comment

• Anyone have a photo of this new fleece jacket thing ?? Or a definite date when its being issued?
                    Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Celtic-Warrior View Post
                      Anyone have a photo of this new fleece jacket thing ?? Or a definite date when its being issued?
                      you're RDF, you wont be getting it for...

oh hang on, I forgot, your lot will get it before the rangers
                      I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                      Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                      Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                      And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                      With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                      He put a bullet through his brain.
                      And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                      Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                      Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                      The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• Originally posted by BANDIT View Post
                        Well done APOD What would we do without u, Glad u have so much time on your hands. See u also changed your wee icon thingy
                        Only you could dress up an insult as a compliment bandit Oh and whats this "we" business.Did you enlist again or something?

Anyway for those who really DO need to know.Heres the Info.(PS Its NOT restricted)
                        Dated 28 September 2000 ammending Annex E para 1 of D admin's Instruction dated 24 February 2000 it states.
                        DPM Shirt will be worn outside
                        the trousers at all times except when worn with the pullover.

Hope that helps.

As for the AVATAR thingy can i suggest one for you bandit as you have yet to put one up.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by apod; 26 May 2010, 14:29.
                        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• As hilarious as ever buck!! As RDF i know we wont see most changes of Solider 10 til prob 2020 Perfect example being the Old woolen jumpers that went out with the Leb Long been replaced with norgee and again with the fleece! Yet as most Qs have hundreds lf them stoockpiled RDF recruits get given a couple in place of a fleece! ( I Know I did luckily I managed to trade mine to a vertically challenged recruit who got issued massive norgees)
                          Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Celtic-Warrior View Post
                            As hilarious as ever buck!! As RDF i know we wont see most changes of Solider 10 til prob 2020 Perfect example being the Old woolen jumpers that went out with the Leb Long been replaced with norgee and again with the fleece! Yet as most Qs have hundreds lf them stoockpiled RDF recruits get given a couple in place of a fleece! ( I Know I did luckily I managed to trade mine to a vertically challenged recruit who got issued massive norgees)
                            2020 if we're lucky mate!! I was lucky enough to get a fleece too, havent seen those green jumpers on our lads up here but i wouldnt mind one!!

When are the changes likely to come into service with the PDF? 2010 obviously but much later?
                            Last edited by Buck; 26 May 2010, 14:53.
                            I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                            Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                            Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                            And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                            With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                            He put a bullet through his brain.
                            And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                            Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                            Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                            The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• Well, if I was to wait for a fleece, I' d still be waiting

I picked up a Brit Soldier 2000 fleece (green, like the previous
                              Irish one, and fairly similar in appearance, apart from the pocket)
                              for a few bob, and wear it under the smock when the weather is
                              cold

As many an ould sweat is fond of saying "any gobshite can be
                              uncomfortable"
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• We,, Members of the Forum, Enlist.. too old and a bit too wise at this stage, It was a compliment.. Just wondering how u have time to know all the rules and Regs and U such an operational soldier and all that.. .As my kids say Chill Dad

Comment

Working...
                                X