Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are Honour Guards Jack as opposed to Guards of Honour.

I know it seems pedantic but look at the regs that say who gets a GOH and who gets an Honour Guard.
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• And the lad in the makey up Uniform is incorrectly dressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
        They are Honour Guards Jack as opposed to Guards of Honour.

I know it seems pedantic but look at the regs that say who gets a GOH and who gets an Honour Guard.
        You've caught pedantic-ism!
        Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

And the lad in the makey up Uniform is incorrectly dressed.
          I take it you are referring to the shiny rank markings ?
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

How so??
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

The Glengarry ?
              Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                How so??
                If you became SS in a Cav Unit - could you wear a beret ?

The answer would be to look at CS 41 or whatever it is now- the first question is(1) is there an appointment in the Cav Corp for an Infantry CS?-

Likewise with Seanie we have to look at the senior Officers appointment for Cav persons and that is Col (D Cav)- there are no General appointments/ vacancies for Cav Generals.

Whereas its great a lad has pride in his Unit and Corp, when one becomes COS that's left behind. As COS one has to not only obey the rules but also serve as an example to the minions, as it stands two generals are in makey up uniforms (Show me in CS whatever the vacancy for Cav Lt General and AC Major General).

Comment

If you became SS in a Cav Unit - could you wear a beret ?

The answer would be to look at CS 41 or whatever it is now- the first question is(1) is there an appointment in the Cav Corp for an Infantry CS?-

Likewise with Seanie we have to look at the senior Officers appointment for Cav persons and that is Col (D Cav)- there are no General appointments/ vacancies for Cav Generals.

Whereas its great a lad has pride in his Unit and Corp, when one becomes COS that's left behind. As COS one has to not only obey the rules but also serve as an example to the minions, as it stands two generals are in makey up uniforms (Show me in CS whatever the vacancy for Cav Lt General and AC Major General).
                  Also according to the Defence Act, AC NCOs should not have Flight in their ranks.

Comment

• A Admin instruction A9 Paras 104(j) "Variations in dress army personnel" amended 20/12/11 and Part 5 Para 509" Rank marking Air corps officer and Cadets" amended 26/7/11 allow for the wearing of Glengarrys by Colonels and above and the creation of a new rank marking for Air corps officers attaining the rank of Maj Gen.
                    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

A Admin instruction A9 Paras 104(j) "Variations in dress army personnel" amended 20/12/11 and Part 5 Para 509" Rank marking Air corps officer and Cadets" amended 26/7/11 allow for the wearing of Glengarrys by Colonels and above and the creation of a new rank marking for Air corps officers attaining the rank of Maj Gen.
                      Ah now Apod, don't go letting the truth get in the way of Hedgehog's rant

Comment

• Seeing as how Hedgie no longer has access to the updated regs I was merely bringing him up to speed.Nothing more.
                        Speaking of amending regs.I sure wish the issue of the DPM driflo had been a year earlier and the regs amended to allow us to wear them as an outer garment.Sure would be handy in this heat.We wear them as outer around camp in similar heat overseas.What the difference between roasting on parade in kosovo or the Leb and doing the same here.Unit commanders should have more say over their units dress when it comes to extreme weather.A common sense decision these last few weeks would have been to ditch the black,heat attracting berets in favor of the sunburn reducing boonie hat and the nice cool driflo t-shirt.They are both uniform items which when worn correctly can be fairly presentable.
                        Whats the issue???"Because that how its always been done"??
                        Last edited by apod; 18 July 2013, 23:14.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildfowler94
                          Photo fail
                          Upload the puc to imgur.com and do this;

Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Doesn't look as bad as I taught it would but the OG still looks smarter with shirt.

Comment

• I dunno.Look at the photos on the DF Flickr page from the recent Arty shoot.SM on the left in the group pic with the CoS designate has one on.Looks OK.(much to my surprise)

Comment

I dunno.Look at the photos on the DF Flickr page from the recent Arty shoot.SM on the left in the group pic with the CoS designate has one on.Looks OK.(much to my surprise)
                                Yup. I've seen a couple around the Curragh recently. And +1 to Apod's comment regarding wearing amended uniform in the heat here at home. Even Mrs TD couldn't get her head round the fact that we have to wear DPM shirt as an outer layer in this heat...
                                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                                X