Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
    World hunger

Domestic violence

Homelessness

Children victims of teh war on terrorism

CLowns in fancy dress

Are you really really disturbed by the party goers
    Clowns in fancy dress defently!

Of course not, Its not the most important thing ever but when you have loads of little things causing problems and big things, its the little thing that get in the way of resolving the big things.
    Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bam Bam View Post
      a fine not exceeding ten pounds
      What would that be now aday's?

Comment

Clowns in fancy dress defently!

Of course not, Its not the most important thing ever but when you have loads of little things causing problems and big things, its the little thing that get in the way of resolving the big things.
        So what your saying Paul is - if we stop idiots turning up to fancy dress parties/ concerts/ building sites etc

then as a natural consequence of that action, world hunger will be solved- domestic violence ended-

homelessness solved- and no inocent little baby will be killed in a conflict.

Wow
        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

I dunno, google the defence act amendments.
          It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Originally posted by Bam Bam View Post
            I dunno, google the defence act amendments.
            Nope

if someone says the DPM is trademark protected then let

them prove it- otherwise this board would become

a version of the daily mail/sun /mirror/ some other tabloid which I wont mention because of the truce of 2008

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
              So what your saying Paul is - if we stop idiots turning up to fancy dress parties/ concerts/ building sites etc

then as a natural consequence of that action, world hunger will be solved- domestic violence ended-

homelessness solved- and no inocent little baby will be killed in a conflict.

Wow

Ask any Garda for insintance, They'll tell you that they get stuck dealing with stupid little problems when they should be off dealing with more important matters, its the same everywhere.

How can anyone be expected to fix problems half way across the world when there is someone sleeping outside their frount door and how can you deal with the person outside your door when your using what little money you have to replace your windows when some thug throws rocks threw them and how can the garda deal with them thugs when their off dealing without someone who was driving down the road drunk. Just one of many examples their are possible out there.

Comment

Ok then- rearrange the pictures in decreasing order of magnitude

Comment

Clowns in fancy dress (least)

Domestic violence

Homelessness

Children victims of the war on terrorism

World hunger (Most)

Thats my view on it anyway, other peoples could differ in their prioity.

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                    The Act is the 1954 Defence Act. The rules have not changed the punishment is subject to an update legislation that translates fines at particular points in time to modern equivalent. The part you should concentrate on is the 3 months in prison bit.

From what I can see Protac does not sell Irish DF uniforms.

The Defence Act is being updated as we speak.

Comment

This really winds me up, I know I wasnt in the DF for very long but it just p1sses me right off.
                      I went to a party in Drogheda on Halloween 2 years ago and seen some idiot wearing No. 1s (5th BN).
                      What a douch bag

Comment

Loving the thread so far. My question to the board is what can be done to stop these gobi shi'ites wearing the uniform as a fancy dress option or in the street. I have tried to join the RDF before, only to be unable due to serious injury and the current recruitment embargo. I am also waiting on word back after the final cadet interview. I grew up in an army household. Nothing makes me sicker than seeing these half wits disrespect the uniform and what it stands for. Same as a**e wipes disrespecting the national flag by wearing it as a cape or writing on it.

Should the unit commanders not work harder at trying to instill more pride in the uniform and what it stands for? More work in trying to banish the "cheap pints in the mess on camp" mentality many of my friends in the RDF seem to have. Possibly something for the "What's killing the RDF" thread. Could those with sense who see this kinda nonsense not take names or administer a fear of god a**e chewing or both? I mean I know if I were an NCO and saw that carry on, there'd be hell to pay, even if they weren't in my unit. I mean seeing some of these clowns out last year and hearing people call the organisation the Remedial Defence Force really annoyed me, because it tarred all the guys who work hard at soldiering in the reserve with that brush. Anyway, unfocused and all over the gaff rant over.
                        Has anyone on here ever given someone, or seen/heard of someone getting an a**e chewing for wearing the uniform like mentioned above?
                        Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Comment

wearing any form of uniform to a student union event or any sort of party is the worst work of waltering known

Comment

Originally posted by paul g View Post
                            wearing any form of uniform to a student union event or any sort of party is the worst work of waltering known
                            I went to a Halloween party dressed as a priest and I've never had as much as a passing interest in vocations

Comment

Originally posted by FoxtrotRK View Post
                              I went to a Halloween party dressed as a priest and I've never had as much as a passing interest in vocations
                              Good for you.
                              It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

And in all the various acts, nowhere does it say your are not allowed to wear DPM material. It's says "any uniform of the Defence Forces or any colourable imitation thereof". This being the full uniform or a uniform designed to imitate closely to that of an DF one.

How a civvie acquired the item of clothing, in most cases the combats, is a different matter. Actually wearing the item itself is ok as long as he is not wearing the whole uniform.

Comment

Working...
                                X