Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARW Video

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=.../0/ayIYO1nBnHM

They had a good streak of vids going until they made this.

The music just completely ruined it.

"Crisis, we'll come and get you?"

Shur they didn't get that Irish red cross worker captured in Sudan did they? Although that's less to do with them and more to do with the politicians not letting them.

The music in the vid makes them look like a bunch of posers, which i'm very sure their not.
    Last edited by spaceghetti; 9 December 2009, 17:50.

Comment

Great footage,
      Bad music,
      Scary b*******

Comment

Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
        They had a good streak of vids going until they made this.

The music just completely ruined it.

"Crisis, we'll come and get you?"

Shur they didn't get that Irish red cross worker captured in Sudan did they? Although that's less to do with them and more to do with the politicians not letting them.

The music in the vid makes them look like a bunch of posers, which i'm very sure their not.
        Not being sent into Sudan had nothing to do with them at all.

How does the music make them look like posers? It's shite music but how it makes them look like posers is quite beyond me?

Comment

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
          Not being sent into Sudan had nothing to do with them at all.

How does the music make them look like posers? It's shite music but how it makes them look like posers is quite beyond me?
          Because it makes it look as if their just showing off, i don't know why but that kind of music just seems like the type that posers would use.

Exactly, but it should have had something to do with them. If an Irish national is taken hostage and ransom is put out, you'd think they'd at least be ready to go in an retrieve them.

Comment

Exactly, but it should have had something to do with them. If an Irish national is taken hostage and ransom is put out, you'd think they'd at least be ready to go in an retrieve them.
            Darfur's a big place...

Comment

Because it makes it look as if their just showing off, i don't know why but that kind of music just seems like the type that posers would use.

It's music. How you can deduct that they look like posers in a video where they're making explosive breaches, banging rounds out of a Mk19, serving over in Chad etc. is rather odd.

What makes you think they weren't ready to go and retrieve them? Just like the rest of the DF, they go where they're told to go.

Comment

Originally posted by dingo42 View Post
                Darfur's a big place...
                So is Iraq. That didn't stop them from at least preparing to rescue that Irish journalist in 2005.

Comment

So is Iraq. That didn't stop them from at least preparing to rescue that Irish journalist in 2005.
                  But they knew where that hostage was being kept AFAIK.

Comment

It's music. How you can deduct that they look like posers in a video where they're making explosive breaches, banging rounds out of a Mk19, serving over in Chad etc. is rather odd.

What makes you think they weren't ready to go and retrieve them? Just like the rest of the DF, they go where they're told to go.
                    Music has everything to do with it. Which is why they give out academy awards for it in movies. If they were playing YMCA in the background would that have any effect on the atmosphere of the vid in your eyes? (or ears)

I thought there was a statement saying that the Irish government would make no move to interfere with the situation beyond negotiation?

If they actually did, then never mind.

EDIT: By the way i'm not saying the Wing aren't willing to go on these kinds of Ops, i'm just outlining the governments hesitation to use them.
                    Last edited by spaceghetti; 9 December 2009, 18:57.

Comment

Music has everything to do with it. Which is why they give out academy awards for it in movies. If they were playing YMCA in the background would that have any effect on the atmosphere of the vid in your eyes? (or ears)

I thought there was a statement saying that the Irish government would make no move to interfere with the situation beyond negotiation?

If they actually did, then never mind.
                      Oh I didn't realise the lads were looking for an Academy Awards nomination. It's a simple video showing some of the training the Wing do. The video is half a minute long, what exactly were you expecting music wise?

I don't know if they did but neither do you. So no point jumping to conclusions.

Comment

Oh I didn't realise the lads were looking for an Academy Awards nomination. It's a simple video showing some of the training the Wing do. The video is half a minute long, what exactly were you expecting music wise?

I don't know if they did but neither do you. So no point jumping to conclusions.
                        Well i guarantee you that if the music was different the video would seem a lot better.

I didn't say their looking for an academy award, i'm just on about the importance of music in a video.

Comment

Well i guarantee you that if the music was different the video would seem a lot better.

I didn't say their looking for an academy award, i'm just on about the importance of music in a video.
                          The video runs for 33 seconds... The music really isn't a big issue for a small video like that.

Comment

Nice vid DFPO well done!

Comment

Anyone know the name of that weapon at 0:14 ?

Also the rifle at 0:21 being firied from the helicopter?
                              Looks like a SR-25.

Comment

Working...
                              X