Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
    What kind of stuff do you teach ?

Dont rate the Royal marine unarmed combat stuff either, nothing like real life.
    Punches/kicks/throws/locks/Knife defence.

Comment

Originally posted by Craghopper View Post
      Punches/kicks/throws/locks/Knife defence.
      Craghopper at work....

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

..... and this is Hedgehog in the pre A7 days.....

"Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

always struck me that there's no ideal martial art, MMA is getting thrown around as the ideal thing to learn but watching even two seconds of it usually shows why that cant be true
          If some knows of truly practical MA thats available to civvies I'm all ears
          Last edited by CS Gass; 12 March 2010, 20:20.

Comment

There is no perfect system.
            A lot of the same old shite is being repackaged as revolutionary and breakthrough. But a punch is a punch and a kick is a kick. What is needed is simple, effective techniques that are maximised under stress, realistic training scenarios and the ability to develop an effective mindset.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
              What kind of stuff do you teach ?

Dont rate the Royal marine unarmed combat stuff either, nothing like real life.
              I met a guy in Hong Kong who said the exact same thing, he had worked with the Royal Marines and reckoned that they weren't as hot as they thought they were!

Comment

I'm not to sure about Krav Maga but i've done some training in Silat. Okay as with all it not perfect but it's fairly functional & very effective.
                Life's short, party naked :-)

Comment

As a student of martial arts for several years the biggest problem I have with Krav Maga is that most instructors seem to claim to be able to teach a system in a weekend or two.
                  This doesn't allow the time and repetition of techniques to build up muscle memory, it can be hard to remember a technique (any technique) when your under pressure sparring, never mind in fight for your life!
                  Now in fairness this may well be the age old problem of poor instructors, rather than a poor system.

Best advice I can give about which martial art to choose is what I was tol by a Sensei of mine, try several until you find one that's right for you.

Comment

Working...
                  X