Man denies leak of Navy ship information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greyfox View Post
    just wondering what charge would the procession of counterfeit hair straighteners come under ?

Maybe section 169 (e) Defence Act 1954

The electronic Irish Statute Book (eISB) comprises the Acts of the Oireachtas (Parliament), Statutory Instruments, Legislation Directory, Constitution and a limited number of pre-1922 Acts.

Comment

So Mr Gray admits disclosing information about the movement of State ships at sea. But the charge of conspiracy to aid people unknown to import cocaine is dropped?

Was there any 100% evidence to back this charge up?

Don't get me wrong, Mr Gray has to be held accountable, but why would such a serious charge be dropped when pleading guilty to another charge?

Comment

Originally posted by pmtts View Post
        So Mr Gray admits disclosing information about the movement of State ships at sea. But the charge of conspiracy to aid people unknown to import cocaine is dropped?

Was there any 100% evidence to back this charge up?

Don't get me wrong, Mr Gray has to be held accountable, but why would such a serious charge be dropped when pleading guilty to another charge?
        I would ask that speculation not occur on this as there is always the potential for charges to be brought against him by the Gardai.

Comment

I concur, there are times when it is better to keep questions to yourself

Comment

court martial

The process will only be fully completed when any appeal on the part of the defendant ,if any has been determained and in the meantime speculation shoud be avoided.

Comment

He should have just dropped by the galley to get the info .
              Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                The process will only be fully completed when any appeal on the part of the defendant ,if any has been determained and in the meantime speculation shoud be avoided.
                The process was completed as soon as the Judge handed down the sentence;

3 months in the hardest prison in Ireland and dismissal from the Defence Forces

what exactly did he do
                Last edited by hedgehog; 16 April 2010, 09:42.
                Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

I took the liberty to email the DF Press Office to ask my question to which was not speculation in regards to post 17.

I have received a prompt reply and my question has been answered to which there is no secret around it.

Comment

To be fair, the only evidence that was heard in court was that he texted his missus details of when his ship would be operational or on standby at the weekends so he could get home to see her.

But, to be just as fair, it must have been a quiet day at Dublin Castle, as the D/Chief Supt in charge of the Garda National Drugs Unit stopped by the hearing.
                    www.twitter.com/mickthehack

Comment

I bet there were some very important people in that room that day DM
                      Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                      Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                      The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                      The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                      The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                      Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

There were some very impressive people there, it has to be said, in expensive suits. There were also lots of important journalists, but I was not sufficiently regarded to be placed beside them. I was put in beside the PAs, which I preferred anyway. Preferred, that is, until they started acting the bollix later on.
                        It was a real eye opener for me to see them in action - are the PAs effectively a law unto themselves?

Comment

I heard there was some very very important people there too....

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dublinmick View Post
                            There were some very impressive people there, it has to be said, in expensive suits. There were also lots of important journalists, but I was not sufficiently regarded to be placed beside them. I was put in beside the PAs, which I preferred anyway. Preferred, that is, until they started acting the bollix later on.
                            It was a real eye opener for me to see them in action - are the PAs effectively a law unto themselves?
                            What do you expect? You need to get a Job with the Times or the SBP
                            What kind of bollix acting was going on?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Think of Jean Treacy and multiply by 10.
                              I missed most of the aggro, which was on the second day.
                              Maybe some of the the VVIPs there witnessed it.

Comment

The times said there was a bit of "jostling" outside.

Was the acting the bollix inside?
                                "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Working...
                                X