No announcement yet.

Packing list Battle vest and Backpack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats because apparently the Eastern Brigade is to be reorganised and amalgamated into Ireland first ever Marine Expeditionary Force :D

har har har

And the south will soon learn new tactics to replace their timeworn battleline... apparently its called forming the square!?
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by Cryos View Post
      "Hey Frank do you think anyone needs this stuff?"

"Nahh"

Shred Shred Shred
      Because shreding gear is so much more economical than selling it on as surplus. The restrictions of putting issue gear for sale in the public domain strikes again. When the O/G store of gear was discontinued was all this shredded too? Or sold?
      "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

Petrol and match to my memory

Comment

They must have been watchin my PLCE sell on ebay for only €95 and decided it wasn't worth the hassle of selling it.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
            They must have been watchin my PLCE sell on ebay for only €95 and decided it wasn't worth the hassle of selling it.
            Could have been worse....

Comment

Originally posted by Duffman View Post
              Because shreding gear is so much more economical than selling it on as surplus. The restrictions of putting issue gear for sale in the public domain strikes again. When the O/G store of gear was discontinued was all this shredded too? Or sold?
              I think this comes back to an earlier comment, most of the gear was U.S; but then again mine has seen better days aswell; Im not sure but i presume they done sell surplus because most of the kit is still in service ? Slightly different to the BA or US Army i know...
              Squad look this way, i will give a full and complete demonstration on how to post.
              Type 1-2-3-4 fact check and POST

Cryos

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                Thats because apparently the Eastern Brigade is to be reorganised and amalgamated into Ireland first ever Marine Expeditionary Force :D

har har har

And the south will soon learn new tactics to replace their timeworn battleline... apparently its called forming the square!?
                Riiiiiiiiight. Meanwhile back in the real world....
                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by Cryos View Post
                  I think this comes back to an earlier comment, most of the gear was U.S; but then again mine has seen better days aswell; Im not sure but i presume they done sell surplus because most of the kit is still in service ? Slightly different to the BA or US Army i know...
                  most of the kit shreaded was the gear handed in from dftc units, there own personal issue before the battle vest and day sack etc.

Comment

Ah well it kinda makes a bit more sense that they just got rid of stuff that was unusable , but then again why didn't they just take 2 or 3 sets of crap kit to make 1 good set of kit, or does that just make too much sense?

I'm presuming this was all OD stuff, what ever happened to those webbing sets that were in DPM or were they just my imagination?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Tezza View Post
                      Ah well it kinda makes a bit more sense that they just got rid of stuff that was unusable , but then again why didn't they just take 2 or 3 sets of crap kit to make 1 good set of kit, or does that just make too much sense?

I'm presuming this was all OD stuff, what ever happened to those webbing sets that were in DPM or were they just my imagination?
                      it was 95 percent od gear and most was in good shape
                      the dpm stuff was pure s**t it didnt last at all mostly givin to rec pln,s i think

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser;372584[B
                        ]it was 95 percent od gear and most was in good shape[/B]
                        the dpm stuff was pure s**t it didnt last at all mostly givin to rec pln,s i think
                        Thats kinda disturbing... we have a few sets of gear (4-6) in lock up for our own use but thats it, and they aren't in great shape either! lots of them missing clips, straps etc... instead of destroying it all why didn't they give it out to rdf Bn's to keep in their stores, we would gladly taken have taken some stuff off their hands!!! I can get not selling it though , do the Irish DF/Government have a surplus/sales department like the Brits for example, they sell everything from old tanks to helicopters! (sourced from Top Gear!)

Comment

i was told that the word was put out but no one asked for it
                          so the system fails i think
                          next time ill post here if theres gear been binned

Comment

someone really dropped the ball there so! I'd have definately gone for it, ya can never have enuf kit in stores I reckon, on my POTs I ended up borrowing personal issue stuff off my cadre cos what was there was broken! a small bit of effort I reckon and a lot of stuff cud have been salvaged, in saying that I didn't see the kit so I can't say for sure...

Comment

a couple of hundred full sets atleast 90percent was perfect
                              possible a large number have never been on a mans back
                              this is sad but true

Comment

How easy is it for you to *ahem* relocate what you want from that lot?
                                I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                                Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                                Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                                And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                                With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                                He put a bullet through his brain.
                                And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                                Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                                Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                                The hell where youth and laughter go.