New Rifle or Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attachment fail BT
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
      "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Thanks Morpheus. My attachment was working for me but now is not. I don't kn0w what the problem was, but thanks for posting

Comment

• no problem, i do this:
          • Find an image on the web
          • copy the images web address
          • come back to IMO
          • click the Insert Image button
          • click "From URL"
          • paste in the web address
          • Uncheck "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"
          • Click OK
          "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
          "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Many thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
              no problem, i do this:
              • Find an image on the web
              • copy the images web address
              • come back to IMO
              • click the Insert Image button
              • click "From URL"
              • paste in the web address
              • Uncheck "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"
              • Click OK
              Can a mod sticky this post please ?
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• such a handy weapon BUT just try and use that on CIT in Thomastown
                You would get a few double takes

Comment

• Originally posted by BANDIT View Post
                  such a handy weapon BUT just try and use that on CIT in Thomastown
                  Sure most people think we carry fake guns and "bullets" on CITs anyway. If id a euro for every time someone asked me "is that a real gun" id be a happy man.

Comment

such a handy weapon BUT just try and use that on CIT in Thomastown
                    Wouldn't get a double take from Dessie O'Hare... he knows all about the capabilities of the DF down in Thomastown - or was it Urlingford ?
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
                      Sure most people think we carry fake guns and "bullets" on CITs anyway. If id a euro for every time someone asked me "is that a real gun" id be a happy man.
                      Yes but lets be honest, it looks like a fake and for me it even feels a bit like a a fake but when u add on all the bits and pieces it will probably weigh the same as a real gun and still only be gud for shooting squirrels
                      Lucky they were still using battered FNs for Dessie or the rounds may never have even penetrated the vehicle..

Comment

• Boring.yawn.
                        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Our plastic, not heavy enough for a real man, squirrel shooter is getting a much needed upgrade. It's going to bring the sights and ability to mount accessories up to the international norm. And while it will bring it's weight a bit closer to the weight of a real rifle, it's still going to be about the same as a M16a4 and lighter than the HK417 and the SA-80.
                          If we all shared your opinion of what a real rifle is Bandit, then we would still be running about with flintlocks!

Comment

Yes but lets be honest, it looks like a fake and for me it even feels a bit like a a fake but when u add on all the bits and pieces it will probably weigh the same as a real gun and still only be gud for shooting squirrels
                            Lucky they were still using battered FNs for Dessie or the rounds may never have even penetrated the vehicle..
                            You're underestimating the power of the 5.56mm round... I have seen one go through the trunk of a car, through the backseat and get lodged in the lung of the person sitting there... funny story, it was a (misplaced) warning shot from a US soldier to a deserting Afghan policeman. The guy in the car was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The wounded guy was treated and was ok in a few days, the deserter was picked up by his former mates about a km away.
                            "On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jungle View Post
                              You're underestimating the power of the 5.56mm round... I have seen one go through the trunk of a car, through the backseat and get lodged in the lung of the person sitting there... funny story, it was a (misplaced) warning shot from a US soldier to a deserting Afghan policeman. The guy in the car was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The wounded guy was treated and was ok in a few days, the deserter was picked up by his former mates about a km away.
                              and i can give u umpteen examples of when cover was converted into comcealment by a 7.62, thru walls, trees and even a few at long range , and lets not bring up over penetration , its a red herring in war, Its not the rifle thats not real its the calibre, as my experience and that of many other have shown ,, So you can fiddle around with the steyr and the 5.56 buts its basically a shit calibre,.. yewn.. that many countries are now realising, especially their SFs but too many reputations on the line , too much money involved, and then u must have a weapom for those of slight stature.

Comment

yewn..
                                Yeah, really...

I have been serving for 3 decades, have used the FN in trg and OPS before switching to the C7 family of weapons.
                                You're overestimating (more like worshiping) the 7.62mm as much as you are underestimating the 5.56mm.

I have seen umpteen people killed by 5.56, and others by 7.62... bottom line they're all dead.

I don't identify personally to a rifle or caliber; I don't feel emotionally attached to them. They are tools to help me get the job done; both calibers have advantages and inconvenients, but I like the caliber mix we have in our platoons, with 7.62mm MG avail when needed and the volume of fire the lighter 5.56mm provides.

I haven't heard any SF complain about 5.56mm, especially with Mk 48s available.
                                "On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X