This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
    So these refrigerated Warehouses Were lying empty??

Or were they to be put in with frozen veg?
    Of course, you are right I made it up .......
    Last edited by Orion; 25 June 2020, 22:00.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
      Refrigerator trucks, not warehouses. (Edit ; I hadn’t seen Ropebags post)

And I’m sure the two ice-rinks in Dublin featured in somebody’s contingency plan.

Either way, the point stands that the flight deck of a ship is not something that should be considered, except as a very last resort. If refrigerator units have to be loaded onto it, just leave them dockside and mount a guard on them. Easier and better access, from every point of view.
      A 400 capacity mortuary was build in Dublin and one in Limerick so is it posable the ship was a collection point?

Comment

• Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
        Refrigerator trucks, not warehouses. (Edit ; I hadn’t seen Ropebags post)

And I’m sure the two ice-rinks in Dublin featured in somebody’s contingency plan.

Either way, the point stands that the flight deck of a ship is not something that should be considered, except as a very last resort. If refrigerator units have to be loaded onto it, just leave them dockside and mount a guard on them. Easier and better access, from every point of view.
        The Flight deck of a ship is a space that has spots for refrigerated containers, and a power source to keep them running. You saw the fuss in the US when it was discovered that bodies were being stored in U-Haul fridge trailers around the back of a morgue.
        The Cork city Morgue is not well located to deal with high volumes of clientele.
        For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by Orion View Post
          Of course, you are right I made it up .......
          I’m not suggesting that I’m questioning how there was idle warehousing never mind refrigerated

Comment

• In the UK, because of Brexit, there isn't a refrigerated warehouse available for the next 2 years. All he pharma companies are block booking them to store short life essential medicines, in the event of a no deal brexit.
            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• The Plans that Orion is talking about would probably have been around in some form before the European Steel and Coal community was formed and are probably based on a worst case scenario (total break down of law and order).

Where were the NHS Nightingale Hospitals built, in large Exhibition Centres, and let's not forget that every year there are Temporary Ice Rinks in most large towns in the UK at Christmas time.
              Last edited by CTU; 26 June 2020, 00:35.
              It was the year of fire...the year of destruction...the year we took back what was ours.
              It was the year of rebirth...the year of great sadness...the year of pain...and the year of joy.
              It was a new age...It was the end of history.
              It was the year everything changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                In the UK, because of Brexit, there isn't a refrigerated warehouse available for the next 2 years. All he pharma companies are block booking them to store short life essential medicines, in the event of a no deal brexit.
                Exactly and a lot of that inventory is now gone due to covid by the way

Comment

Exactly and a lot of that inventory is now gone due to covid by the way
                  I had a comment somewhere about the HSE's appalling use proposal for P31. I note that COLD MOVE IRELAND claim they have capacity available for storage of 15,000 pallet spaces.

Comment

• Originally posted by ancientmariner View Post
                    I had a comment somewhere about the HSE's appalling use proposal for P31. I note that COLD MOVE IRELAND claim they have capacity available for storage of 15,000 pallet spaces.
                    That is their capacity not their available capacity

Comment

That is their capacity not their available capacity
                      COLD MOVES stated capacity was given as 35,000 pallets and they claim availability of 15,000. However they are not the only ones such as Carrigtwohill and RathCormack and many more throughout Ireland.

Comment

• Originally posted by ancientmariner View Post
                        COLD MOVES stated capacity was given as 35,000 pallets and they claim availability of 15,000. However they are not the only ones such as Carrigtwohill and RathCormack and many more throughout Ireland.
                        They claim to have 35,000 pallet capacity of which 15,000 are temp controlled. The rest is ambient.

Comment

• Originally posted by sofa View Post
                          A 400 capacity mortuary was build in Dublin and one in Limerick so is it posable the ship was a collection point?
                          Where were they built, never saw that posted anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by batterysgt View Post
                            Royal Hospital Kilmainham and Sarsfield Bks Limerick - in the public domain

Comment

• Originally posted by batterysgt View Post

Comment

Royal Hospital Kilmainham and Sarsfield Bks Limerick - in the public domain
                                I saw the news article online with photos .
                                Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

Working...
                                X