Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Sir

Comment

He was a personable and approachable man, I only met him twice but he did me a small favour which he need not have done, it was a big help to me in the job and saved me hassle and my employers money.
      May he rest in peace.

Comment

I had the privelage of meeting him a couple of times, last time he spent a few minutes chatting with each member of the entire unit. A great man & a great leader.

Condolences to his family & friends.

Rest in peace Sir\:)|
        The school of artillery told us it couldn't be done...
        They were wrong.

Comment

May he rest in peace
          my condolences to all his familey also.

What good is in youth when it's ageing what joy are in eyes that cant see when there's sorrow in sunshine and flowers and only our rivers run free.

Comment

A very astute leader. I know someone he singled out for a handshake when actual protocol didn't demand it, and how much that impressed the young soldier who received it.
            Condolences to all his connections.

Comment

Rest in Peace, Sir...
              One of the better ones, he will be missed.....
              "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
              Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
              Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Rest in Peace
                What do you mean abandon ship
                Are they taking requests?

Comment

It is heartening to see the warm words and high esteem given to Lt Gen Earley from all areas of the community. Numerous obituaries seen in both the News and Sport sections of the newspapers give evidence to this.
                  Clearly it was not just the Defence forces who had such respect for him.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Rip
                    Im Ron Burgendy??

Comment

R.I.P. Sir.
                      Lock and load

Comment

May he rest in peace. A legacy that will span countless lifetimes
                        No b*stard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb b*stard die for his country

Comment

Sorry to hear about this.

Rest in Peace.
                          'History is a vast early warning system'. Norman Cousins

Comment

R.I.P. I met Lt Gen Early some time ago at an official function, I am not in DF but had to take part in a formal event. As i was not sure what to do he totally put me at my ease and was a true gentleman.

Comment

Lieutenant General Dermot Earley DSM a well deserved recipient of the DSM (with Honour).
                              He was a distinguished soldier, officer and leader, gave great Service and we all have great memories of him.
                              A soldier’s soldier who treated everyone with respect and a sad loss to his family, friends, the GAA and the Defence Forces and a leader this country could and should and were proud of.

Rest in Peace -Sir

Comment

Rip
                                There may be only one time in your life when your country will call upon you and you will be the only one who can do the nasty job that has to be done -- do it or forever after there will be the taste of ashes in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X