bray air show sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bray air show sunday

hi folks just tought i'd stick this up in case anyone is interested bit late notice i know but i only heard about it last night myself.

air corps, coast guard and defence forces parachute team are confirmed to be taking part in displays

The AC must have been dropping sand off (there is no sand down that end of the "beach").

Comment

some day a cork man might have an idea to have one in cork....someday

Comment

Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
        some day a cork man might have an idea ....someday
        And it would be nice if it was a good one at that
        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

65,000 attend Bray airshow

65,000 attend Bray airshow

Sunday, 25 July 2010 17:39

Up to 65,000 people are attending a free airshow in Bray, Co Wicklow.

The two-hour show featured the civilian and military aircraft, arial acrobatics and rescue displays.

The first plane to wow the crowd was a US Airforce B 52.

A number of Irish Aircorps helicopters and planes featured in the show and there was a parachute jump by the Irish Army parachute team.

Warm weather and balmy sunshine along the Bray seafront meant conditions were good for the show, the fifth to be organised in Bray and the largest airshow now in Ireland.
          Up to 65,000 people have attended a free airshow in Bray, Co Wicklow.
          "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

some day a cork man might have an idea ....someday
            Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
            And it would be nice if it was a good one at that
            I just somehow can`t see that happening..........
            What do you mean abandon ship
            Are they taking requests?

Comment

They tried back in the 80s for the Cork 800 celebrations. Frecce Tricolori were there, just before their horrible crash. Sadly rain forced cancellation of the event.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Anyone have pictures of the show?
                Life's short, party naked :-)

Comment

I have posted some on my Facebook page! Don't know if I can link to it from here!!
                  It was'nt a bad show at all! Would have been nice to have a fast jet item though!!
                  B52 was impressive..even for a single pass offshore on his way home to the States!
                  Great formation aeros from those Red Bull guys!!
                  Well done to the organisers for putting the effort into getting at least one aviation event, south of the border!

Comment

Originally posted by Papa 242 View Post
                    I have posted some on my Facebook page! Don't know if I can link to it from here!!
                    It was'nt a bad show at all! Would have been nice to have a fast jet item though!!
                    B52 was impressive..even for a single pass offshore on his way home to the States!
                    Great formation aeros from those Red Bull guys!!
                    Well done to the organisers for putting the effort into getting at least one aviation event, south of the border!
                    Papa242, I have no objection to you linking to your FB page, however you might wish to put the images up here directly for other reasons!

Comment

Here is a link to a few photos

Not all of them were taken on the day
                      Last edited by Vickers; 29 July 2010, 13:04. Reason: Tidy up
                      "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

Very good show overall. Lot of credit due to the organisers. Judging by the size of the crowd it seems the appetite hasn't waned.

Would agree with Papa 242 though - a fast jet would have really made it.

Comment

Working...
                        X