college courses that are useful to the army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
    Well considering the OP didn't specify whether he's regular or reservist, there's scope to assume he could study abroad.

He didnt specify the BA either. One would assume as this is an Irish board his question would pertain to the Irish Army.

Comment

Out of interest any other board members starting the MA in Military History and strategic studies in NUI Maynooth this September?

Should be a reasonably useful course for potential soldiers.

Comment

Originally posted by apc View Post
        He didnt specify the BA either. One would assume as this is an Irish board his question would pertain to the Irish Army.
        The course wasn't specific to the BA, just uniformed services in general, civil or military.

Either way, don't do it, waste of time. Personally I'd go for something like a computer science degree myself, if I were to do it all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by coisithe View Post
          I am a Corpral the Infantry .... also i would have to be able to do the course in ireland or online or by way of distance learning.
          Ie he is in the DF (doesn't matter if he is PDF or RDF).

Comment

Well I'm a cpl in the Irish army, PDF

Comment

a) I'd reccommend doing your Leaving Cert/whatever language if you haven't got one already and trying for a cadetship.

b) If you have that done definately something along the lines of resource management / HR. Stay away from technical stuff like Engineering, Medicine, Computers if you want a Commission that will get you command positions.
              And defo do something online. you can do it in work while on guard; BST; oseas; or just a normals days hiding avoiding the CS.
              WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to ring them at 4am!!

Comment

Too old for the cadets , I think i've chosen a course in hr, just have to nail down all the details, thanks for all your help everyone.

Comment

Working...
                X