No announcement yet.

The SRR/14 Int coy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim, stop being so fecking Irish, a simple answer to a simple question please!

Comment

Originally posted by timhorgan View Post
      this is from hansard- not from me, make up your own mind. I will make no further comment.

http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/c...n-fred-holroyd
      SHUT the FCUK UP! You stupid arsehole!!!
      No one here thinks you are anything besides a stupid walty cnut!
      Last edited by yooklid; 9 August 2010, 21:07.
      Meh.

Comment

from what i've read in novels it seems like a very large part of the SF are already NCO's by the time they get into the SBS/SAS/SFSG

for example in Bravo Two Zero,four of the eight men were NCO's
        so it's a bit hard to imagine a situation where on a regular vehicle mounted long range patrol they wouldn't drive for some of it to give the drivers a rest

Comment

exactly warthog - SF soldiers do what is necessary regardless of rank.

although rank is held, among SF circles it is very seldom referred to and hardly ever worn.

the hierarchy, discipline, chain of command and respect is all there - just not as we know it.

if a Captain needs to drive something - then he will drive it, likewise if a Trooper needs to kill someone - then he will kill them.
          RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Someody please deal with this.

Mods should either bring it back to the original topic and delete the nonsense posts or just close the topic.

This is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by yooklid View Post
              post of the day! well done Yooklid

Comment

+1

Unless its fact related and relevant close it.

as for the troll,,, please remove I'm losing the will to even log on any more.
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

BTW, the CO 22 SAS and Director, Special Forces both always have Sergeant Drivers. There is a very good reason for this but I am afraid that I am not at liberty to disclose why on here.
                  Well little Timothy, it would appear you're trolling out your hole again. A very good friend of mine, a L/Cpl at the time, was the DSF's driver in Afghanistan. While that position may have aided his next promotion to Cpl, it certainly didn't help him skip a rank straight to Sgt!

So I put it to you sir that you are bullsh1tting! Regardless of what you think you know, the reality is you are wrong. Don't believe everything you read Timothy, after all, most of us here certainly don't believe anything you write.

Originally posted by yooklid View Post
                  +1 It's shame you're the one getting the red card for that.

Comment

MOD: Anyone who deliberately attempts to take this thread off topic or posts just to "stir the shit" will be banned - you have been warned.
                    "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

What started as a fascinating thread degenerated into a pissing match..lost interest sorry.

Some seem to using the board at this point to attack every thing anyone posts that he may not agree with and then takes threads of on a tangent where everyone loses interest as it becomes a pissing match between a pair who don't get on.

Remove the detractor and let the board move on.
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

i think it's sorted now hptmurph.

i was just thinking how good it was today on IMO with some really good posts and no bickering.

i've really enjoyed the peace (even though i know i was part of the war - sorry).
                        RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

While others may laud the origins of this unit there are many questions still unanswered about their activities in Ireland although two senior and respected British policemen, John Stalker and John Stevens did throw some light on these matters, as did the Irish Barron Report and the Cory Report by the Canadian judge of that name. Stevens, Stalker,Barron and Cory can all be sourced on the web as can statements from the Irish government over time. All very relevant to this thread.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
                          Last edited by timhorgan; 11 August 2010, 10:06.

Comment

While others may laud the origins of this unit there are many questions still unanswered about their activities in Ireland although two senior and respected British policemen, John Stalker and John Stevens did throw some light on these matters, as did the Irish Barron Report and the Cory Report by the Canadian judge of that name. Stevens, Stalker,Barron and Cory can all be sourced on the web as can statements from the Irish government over time. All very relevant to this thread.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6157379.stm
                            Tim, your dragging up material that has been read, over and over again.

Don't tell me,you knew exactly who torched Lord Steven's office!

Comment

Time for another infraction.

I'll say it because no one else will

FCUK OFF!!!!!!!!!
                              Meh.

Comment

**cough**
                                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Working...
                                X