Cocaine wars - The Irish Front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
    Is 9mm with hollow point ammunition not the preference for these types of operations because the round causes minimal collateral damage? i.e. accidentally killing hostages with ricochets in confined spaces.
    I believe Ireland signed some treaty banning the use of hollow point ammunition.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
      Some interesting pictures of the ARW doing a Maritime assault over on the DF Flickr page.I guess the MP5 has not gone totally out of fashion so.Perhaps seeing as its the same calibre as the USP there are no "overpenetration "issues.Or or the walls in ferrries totally different to the walls in trawlers??Or perhaps someone should tell them there is no need for so much firepower when going into a hostile situation???
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/dfmagazine/page1/
      The deck on a ferry is made from 20mm steel. The bulkhead is made from 10mm steel, lined with mica, or hardboard.
      Trawlers are mostly made of wood, the steel ones usually have aluminum bulkheads, normally no thicker than 3-5mm
      But you already know this.....
      Nice photos, they look a tad familiar.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
        I believe Ireland signed some treaty banning the use of hollow point ammunition.
        ERU use it, so I don't think so.
        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by FMolloy View Post
          ERU use it, so I don't think so.
          ERU is a law enforcement unit not military.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
            ERU is a law enforcement unit not military.
            You never mentioned military. In any event the Hague Convention which covers the use of expanding ammunition only applies to war, it does not prevent signatory nations from using such ammunition on internal security operations.
            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

All boarding parties should be armed irrespective of the type of vessel they are boarding. the type of weaponry which should be issued to the boarding party should be the best /and most potent available The Naval service conducts over the horizon boardings so the mother vessels weapons are irrelevant . " If you shoot" hit what you shoot at.

Comment

Originally posted by over the bridge View Post
                All boarding parties should be armed irrespective of the type of vessel they are boarding. the type of weaponry which should be issued to the boarding party should be the best /and most potent available The Naval service conducts over the horizon boardings so the mother vessels weapons are irrelevant . " If you shoot" hit what you shoot at.
                Exactly what i was trying to put across.Not weapon envy or wanting to start WW3.But a realisation that sometimes backup may not be there right away or if it is sometimes it may be powerless to intervene(Own Fces aboard Tgt vessel).Pistols,while ideal for the majority of tasks,dont have sufficient firepower or detterent effect if things go pear shaped and the Tgt vessel crew have automatic weapons.
                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Working...
                X