Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few Questions about recruitment !?

Hey ,

so I have my fitness test this thursday( 23rd ) in Collins Barracks , Cork!

1) what kind of surface is the 1.5mile run on?

2) will the fact that i dont drive, or hold a license, hinder my chances in anyway?

3) If I pass the fitness test, when will the medical and interview take place?

Cheers in advance!

If its the same as the fitness test i had to do there for the RDF then its a tarmac path going around a pitch and putt course and GAA pitch.

Half of it is a gentle downhill slope which narrows as it goes around the corner around the GAA pitch, which turns into a dirt track for a small bit and when you swing around the far side of the pitch it goes back into a tarmac road where there is a slight drop right before you start going up hill for the final corner and then back around to the gentle slope.

The track itself is oval shaped.

As far as i can remember it was 3 and 1/4 laps to do 2 miles.

I think it'll be around 2 and a half laps (ish) to do 1.5miles
    Last edited by spaceghetti; 21 September 2010, 01:12.

Comment

Just did the test today, the run is actually around the square which is almost completely flat.

Oh and i passed!

Comment

well done
        "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
          Just did the test today, the run is actually around the square which is almost completely flat.

Oh and i passed!
          Well done indeed. Now slay'em at the interview.

Comment

Originally posted by amurph0 View Post

Oh and i passed!
            Good stuff, Murph, best of luck

One of our lads was down at the DFTC testing on Monday, dunno when
            the results are back
            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
            X