Air Corps sending planes to Malta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeV View Post

Not necessarily it could be in indepth maintenance or they may only have one seating module.
    The seating wouldn't be modular. There are standard attachment rails running along the floor. Pairs of seats are just attached wherever they can fit. To accommodate this all removable mission equipment like operator's seats and flare tubes/camera mounts have been stripped.

The larger "business class" type seats you see in the video are actually the permanent seats in the CASA's and even they have been rearranged in order to get the maximum numbers in. The blue seats are the additions.

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
      Jus heard on radio that the CASA is on route to malta WITH an undisclosed number of pax.
      RTE says it landed in Valletta with no passengers on board.

The Department of Foreign Affairs has said an Aer Corps flight from Tripoli has touched down at Valetta in Malta, however it is understood it returned with no passengers on board.

Comment

There is nothing to say that it is on its way back and I'd say a recce is unlikely.

Don't think so..... China only started today and have an estimated 30,000 citizens in Libya!

As ever!

Not necessarily it could be in indepth maintenance or they may only have one seating module.

Looks like a lot of people found Irish passports.....there was only 40 yesterday!

There is no guarantee that even if the AC get in the Irish citizens will be at the airport!
        There was probably a number of people in the country who weren't registered with the embassy in Rome.
        "Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied."

Otto Von Bismark

Comment

Originally posted by turbocalves View Post
          Electioneering anyone?
          Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
          No
          it's only 'electioneering' if the British government do it - i seem to remember this being the argument before

we have already conducted our first extraction and also have aircraft in Malta and more in stand-by in the UK aswell as a Royal Navy warship headed for Libya - and not an election in sight for a few years
          Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 24 February 2011, 05:47.
          RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Whilst I applaud this very appropriate use of DF assests - it won't have been the Brigs. call- He will have taken his orders from CoS who in turn had them from the minister.

Comment

Originally posted by Pod View Post
              Whilst I applaud this very appropriate use of DF assests - it won't have been the Brigs. call- He will have taken his orders from CoS who in turn had them from the minister.
              But it's possible that the proposal came from below and went up the chain, before the actual orders/approval came back down?

Comment

Originally posted by Jetjock View Post
                The seating wouldn't be modular. There are standard attachment rails running along the floor. Pairs of seats are just attached wherever they can fit.
                I'd assume that they would come as modules of 2/3 seats?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                  it's only 'electioneering' if the British government do it - i seem to remember this being the argument before

we have already conducted our first extraction and also have aircraft in Malta and more in stand-by in the UK aswell as a Royal Navy warship headed for Libya - and not an election in sight for a few years
                  How are the UK aircraft getting on with the evac?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
                    But it's possible that the proposal came from below and went up the chain, before the actual orders/approval came back down?
                    Valid point

Comment

BBC NEWS:Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi has requested to be returned from Libya to a Scottish prison for his safety.
                      2nd sky story is ****ing ridiculous...does anyone have a brain in that place?
                      Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

I'd assume that they would come as modules of 2/3 seats?
                        Now you're just being pedantic.

At the risk of repeating yourself:
                        I refer you to the video where you may count up to ten of your redefined modules.

You say module, I say pair.

May I respectfully ask that you grow a "module" and 'fess up to the error of your ways!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                          No, I'd be happy in saying this is a reflection of what has been happening under the command of Brig Gen Fry. The Air Corps have been far more active in proper military style work, and less ministerial taxi service.
                          Ministers get wings clipped
                          Politicians grounded as helicopter flights cost taxpayer €417,000 over five years

By Shane Phelan Investigative Correspondent
                          Thursday February 24 2011
                          TAXPAYERS spent €417,000 ferrying government ministers to events by Air Corps helicopter in the past five years, Department of Defence records reveal.
                          But politicians have found their wings clipped of late, with expensive chopper flights becoming less frequent as the financial crisis deepened.

Full Article……….

Comment

Originally posted by Jetjock View Post
                            Now you're just being pedantic.

At the risk of repeating yourself:

I refer you to the video where you may count up to ten of your redefined modules.

You say module, I say pair.

May I respectfully ask that you grow a "module" and 'fess up to the error of your ways!
                            From the way someone posted it made it sound like they could just stick seats anywhere!

Comment

The Irish aircraft in Malta are currently at 2 hrs NTM (awaiting negotiations).

Comment

JJ has it right. They fitted single and double seats in where they could. The Casas have airline-type seat tracks as standard, which is what the mission module is bolted to. Still, wouldn't a commercial aircraft be a better option?
                                regards
                                GttC

Comment

Working...
                                X