Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Lower than a snakes balls Duffman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

FREE Maxifuel for members of the DF

http://www.maxifuel.ie/ are offering free samples of their Maxifuel Gel sachet range to all members of the DF.

Maxifuel has been involved in supporting the Nutritional needs of the BA working with PTs and other such advisers, on operational nutrition and hydration. The products have been used extensively and seen great success in Iraq & Afghanistan.

Recently the Maxifuel have been working closely with key DF units in trialing the new range. The recent 2 day DFAA Wicklow Way Challenge, was sponsored with the entire range and the products received rave reviews.

The sachets where of particular interest to most of the participants, as they are ideal to stick in the Vest pouch, for a quick hit out on the ground and are designed to be used with out water (although taking a few hits from the platypus whilst knocking it back does increase effectiveness).

http://www.maxifuel.ie/viperboostgel
    The boost sachet is a far more efficient means of a quick perk than the traditional rat pack goodies "Glucose sweet or kendal mint cake" which will leave you coming down off a sugar rush.

http://www.maxifuel.ie/viperactivegel
    Whereas the active sachet is ideal for efficient rapid hydration and a sustained energy release. Replacing electrolyte sodium which is lost through exercise.

To get your FREE sample. Please email Sales@LSN.ie with delivery address and contact PH number (to ensure delivery can get to you) and quote (EDIT: CODE HAS NOW EXPIRED SORRY) and we will post out over €16 worth free samples out to you.

Limited stocks remaining so first come, first served.
    Last edited by Duffman; 30th March 2011 at 17:19.
    "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Post Thanks / Like
    Done...nice...
    "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Flanders Pidgeon Murderer Captain Edmund Blackadder's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Done. And now we wait...
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Done.
    Going on a Tactical course next week.Would love to give them a go on it.Maybe even give some feedback after.
    Hope i'm not too late.
    Infantry Corps - An Lámh Comhrac

"Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".
    -- Field Marshall Earl Wavell.1948

Post Thanks / Like
    Done, now to begin the waiting game
    Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Commander in Chief RoyalGreenJacket's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    Done.
    Going on a Tactical course next week.Would love to give them a go on it.Maybe even give some feedback after.
    Hope i'm not too late.
    don't forget your NikWax kit too - let me know how you get on pal.
    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Post Thanks / Like
    Dont use Nikwax mate.It clogs the pores in the leather reducing breathability Esp with Goretex boots.Good ole Kiwi for me everytime.
    Duffman.I forgot to include my contact number on my E-mailAre you involved with the Company?Will PM'ing it to you suffice or is a new E-mail required??

"Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".

Post Thanks / Like
    The free Nikwax was for clothing, very effective on DPMs to make rain run off them.

Closed Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    The lads in my Unit on the 2 Bn team who won the Wicklow Way got a load of stuff from them, I'll have to ask them how they found it.

Alas it would've been me on the winning team but for an injury. I'm cracking cause they got about 60 quids worth of stuff of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello Alaska View Post
    The lads in my Unit on the 2 Bn team who won the Wicklow Way got a load of stuff from them, I'll have to ask them how they found it.
    free stuff from who?
    RGJ

The Rifles

Post Thanks / Like
    See post #1

Closed Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
    free stuff from who?
    There was a stand from Maxifuel at the admin area at the end of the race.

Post Thanks / Like
    found these in the Canex here:

quite nice, but they aren't cheap so make the most of your free Maxifuel stuff!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    RGJ

The Rifles

Post Thanks / Like
    Dont use Nikwax mate.It clogs the pores in the leather reducing breathability Esp with Goretex boots.Good ole Kiwi for me everytime.
    Duffman.I forgot to include my contact number on my E-mailAre you involved with the Company?Will PM'ing it to you suffice or is a new E-mail required??
    Yup PM me the contact details and will amend accordingly.

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Post Thanks / Like
    Surely the Nikwax is better for the breathability of gore-tex boots compared to Kiwi. Its even designed for and recommended to use on Gore-Tex even by some of the manufacturers. Its the only stuff I ever use on my boots and seems to work great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Surely the Nikwax is better for the breathability of gore-tex boots compared to Kiwi. Its even designed for and recommended to use on Gore-Tex even by some of the manufacturers. Its the only stuff I ever use on my boots and seems to work great.
    i agree Goose, none of my boots - Lowa's or Altberg's recommend polish, but they both recommend an impregnator - such as NikWax.

i do give them a light dusting of polish for barracks use but when headed out into the field an impregnator is much better.
    RGJ

The Rifles

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Yup PM me the contact details and will amend accordingly.
    Done.Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    I have both care guides(that came with them) for my Lowas in front of me.Point seven in the small leaflet says"avoid oils and fats".Fats include wax and dubbin.
    In the larger leaflet point seven expands upon this.
    "Oils and fats can only be recommend for use in exceptional circumstances.
    Athough oils and fats make the leather very soft,the footwear will lose some of its rigidity and the pores of the leather will become clogged,which means the leather will lose much of its breathability-the wellington boots syndrome."
    In the guide leaflet for my issue Haix boots it clearly states that polish will not effect the performance of the boots.
    My understanding from talking to outdoor equipment experts is that polish will sit on the outer layer of the boot to a certain extent but replenishes the natural oils in the leather thus stopping them from overdrying and cracking.
    Wax/fat products soak into the leather and do as described above.
    The worst thing you can use ,esp on Goretex type boots is scuff coat.That REALLY soaks through the leather and attacks the breathable membrane.Not good for expensive boots!

Aplogies MODS for going off topic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kiwi polish is an oil. NikWax is a brand name in reality its not wax and is designed to remain breathable while repelling water. Its made for gortex boots:

http://www.nikwax.com/en-gb/how_nikw...troduction.php

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW my package from Maxifuel arrived this morning, cant wait to give it a go between exercises and adventure races.

Lord Chief Bottlewasher trellheim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm considering a move out into A&AR, as only forum members can see this thread, also I'll split the bootpolish thing out into its own thread, I've a mind to set up a separate "Gear" forum as well.
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Lord Chief Bottlewasher trellheim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    btw where are all you RDF Maxifuel chompers when the orienteering comes round ?
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trellheim View Post
    On shooting teams

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear it arrived safe Muzzle, any feedback greatly welcomed. We've a few products in the pipelines that are soldier friendly.

Response has been huge from the DF. So will probably run out of the free stock by end of day.

Trellheim, would loved to of been there but as per usual we get word last minute and it was on a range day for most of us!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm considering a move out into A&AR, as only forum members can see this thread, also I'll split the bootpolish thing out into its own thread, I've a mind to set up a separate "Gear" forum as well.
    I thought we already had one?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Closed Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probably doing some proper training instead of that orienteering shite

Thread Information