best LMG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
    Isn't there still an embargo preventing them from trading in arms to ourside states?
    Ultimax is made in Singapore, so no embargo.

Comment

In terms of being a pleasure to fire the the bren was a lovely gun. Practicality of having an LMG with a small metal magazine however just quite does not cut the mustard any longer!
      "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

Loved firing the Bren, anyone remember the old fella I think from the 21st Btn. in the 80,s who always seemed to win every Bren shooting competition!!
        Bohs till I die

Comment

There was a proposed Naval/Air mount Bren called a Motley Gun, which had a 200 round drum (imagine the weight of it) but which lost out to the Vickers GO, which had a 97 round drum (and which was used by the Air Corps in the 40s, as far as I know).
          regards
          GttC

Comment

Originally posted by bohs fan View Post
            Loved firing the Bren, anyone remember the old fella I think from the 21st Btn. in the 80,s who always seemed to win every Bren shooting competition!!
            You might be thinking of Cpl Frank Lane, ex 7 Inf Bn ?
            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Frankie was a master with that thing. Great cook too.
              There may be only one time in your life when your country will call upon you and you will be the only one who can do the nasty job that has to be done -- do it or forever after there will be the taste of ashes in your mouth.

Comment

The Gatling gun was handy too just pull it around on it's wheeled cart. No gas stoppages either just wind a handle!!

Comment

Working...
                X