• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by danno View Post
    MOB drill
    what?

oh, Man Over Board?

yeah first one was the hangover and the second one was the top shelf.
    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

• Title: RFT for Air Charter Service from Dublin to Lebanon Con/33/2011
      Date of contract award:13-05-2011
      Numbers of offers received:7
      Name and address of economic operator to whom the contract has been awarded
      Official Name:
      Air Partner plc

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Vehicles and big kit arrived in-country yesterday.

Comment

• The Sun newspaper have been doing an 'Army week' section about the trip since monday.

Interviews with all the different soldiers. Today it was a CS who's on his 19th overseas tour..

The Sun has always done its bit for the DF. During Chad they had a weekly diary from a soldier on their 1st tour. And today they had a piece about the Naval exercise too :-)
          Life's short, party naked :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad P View Post
            The Sun newspaper have been doing an 'Army week' section about the trip since monday.

Interviews with all the different soldiers. Today it was a CS who's on his 19th overseas tour..

The Sun has always done its bit for the DF. During Chad they had a weekly diary from a soldier on their 1st tour. And today they had a piece about the Naval exercise too :-)
            brilliant - i'm glad to see they support your lads too.
            RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

• That would be the Irish SUN RGJ,

however, there is some connection to the British SUN publication I believe.

Connaught Stranger

Comment

• Originally posted by Connaught Stranger View Post
                That would be the Irish SUN RGJ,

however, there is some connection to the British SUN publication I believe.

Connaught Stranger
                i know it's the Irish Sun, i thought they were almost the same thing - sharing most of their content and layout?

or am i thinking of the Irish edition of the British Sun?
                RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

• Yeah, any page that has "1R" on the top is the irish edition, the rest is identical to the british version.

Comment

• thanks for clarifying that Goldie, anyhow it's good that they are giving the Irish DF some decent press.
                    RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

• Medical facility for Irish troops in Lebanon
                      February 4, 2011 By admin Leave a Comment
                      By Gary Culliton.
                      The Defence Forces is looking to provide a high-tech medical facility for Irish troops to be deployed in Lebanon in the second quarter of this year.
                      A fully functional ‘Role 1 medical facility’ is a requirement for troop deployments overseas, the Defence Forces said in a statement to Irish Medical Times.
                      The deployment to Lebanon in the second quarter of 2011 is in accordance with a Government decision but is subject to Dáil approval. The exact size of the camp in Lebanon is unknown at present, but it may be between 200 and 600 personnel.
                      Meanwhile, discussions with regard to terms and conditions for the recruitment of a significant number of medical doctors into the Defence Forces are ongoing.
                      It is expected that positions will be advertised in the coming weeks.
                      The new military medical facility for which tenders have been sought is to have total-seal capability in order to permit positive pressure internally in the event of a chemical or biological insult. This could be regionalised in order to manage hypothermic patients in the triage/resuscitation areas.
                      A communications system is also to be provided between the duty room, ambulance, medics-on-patrol, outlying medical aid posts and Ops Room.
                      gary.culliton@imt.ie

By Gary Culliton. The Defence Forces is looking to provide a high-tech medical facility for Irish troops to be deployed in Lebanon in the second quarter

Anyone know if it was purchased ?

Comment

• No, but they are getting 3 4x4 ambulances from BAUS(UK) to the value of €280000

Comment

• Thanks for the info.

Comment

• what boots are the guys wearing in the leb, are they tanned or black boots. i have a gucci pair of mendle desert fox i need to get a wear of

Comment

• Originally posted by holdfast View Post
                              what boots are the guys wearing in the leb, are they tanned or black boots. i have a gucci pair of mendle desert fox i need to get a wear of
                              A couple of the lads were in Bks this week wearing tan Magnums, so you might to rock those mendles in the near future!
                              CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

• They "have to" wear the tan magnum's.
                                Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

Working...
                                X