No announcement yet.

AW 139 Tail Rotor Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please do not use IMO as a conduit to bring the DF into disrepute.
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

yes, don't do that! The DF can bring itself into disrepute all on it's own, without any help from you
      regards
      GttC

Comment

Hi all,
        Pretty much every aircraft with composite structures have suffered failures in the past and will continue to do so, just like metal aircraft. They are inspected regularly and grounded if need be. The Dauphins also had cracks showing up in the tailboom and probably have an inspection programme.
        regards
        GttC

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
          Please do not use IMO as a conduit to bring the DF into disrepute.
          Is this directed to me?? Confused as to how I would be bringing the df into disrepute..
          As for danno, do not try and tell me what to post. Get over yourself..
          Although I have walked in the valley of the shadows of death I fear no evil...

Comment

SARMAN, Have CHC had many problems with tail failures on their AW139s?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Indeed Goldie Fish - Maybe we should open a separate thread on S92 gearbox problems - that should run for a while or maybe "not run" in some cases...!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                SARMAN, Have CHC had many problems with tail failures on their AW139s?
                Have no idea, have not heard of any on the SAR aircraft, but I will look into it for you. Chc for all there faults do publish incident and accident reports!!

Pure hover.
                Ya why not open that thread, but no one in Ireland is operating the s92 yet so I do not think the local information on this type of aircraft would be available yet.. Good to see you back..

Comment

The AC also publish incident reports, as all their incidents go through the AAIU.
                  What's your point?

Comment

Define an incident in the df. I think you will find the AAIU stands for air accident investigation unit. It is a legal requirement for the AAIU to investigate all air accidents in Ireland not the df to submit reports. An incident in the real world would be something quite small not an accident which is on the other end of the scale. That's my point.

Comment

Something similar to a serious car accident and a fender bender....

Comment

hmmm...... AAIU is tasked is investigating civil incidents/accidents. AC has its own Air Acc Invest Unit as far as I know but can and does request assistance of AAIU if required. Works the other way as well apparently.

Hey - good to be back..!

Comment

Ah I know jobs for the boys and all that. Do the air corps flight safety unit ever publish the incidents they have the the civil world? Our does it just stay in house?? As I have found knowledge of what's happening around the world is all food for thought.

Comment

Do the AAIU not have to investigate all fatal incidents in Ireland as part of there role? Not a nice job by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                              The AC also publish incident reports, as all their incidents go through the AAIU.
                              What's your point?
                              Havent seen a report into the 2004 fatal Cessna crash in Clonbullogue. Was it ever made public? I don't think it is. Pity as there are always lessons to be learned.

Comment

I know what an incident is. For example the AAIU provided a report some years ago on the sudden loss of altitude of the GASU squirrel, during the visit of Hillary clinton.
                                The GASU heli is as you know, operated by the Air Corps.

Comment

Working...
                                X