Thin Leather Pilot Style gloves??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thin Leather Pilot Style gloves??

Anyone know where i could pick up a pair of the thin leather pilots style gloves? They used to be stocked in the store but its gone for a hop! Preferably an Irish Source!! Thanks in advance lads!!
    Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Like nomex gloves?

Comment

If you want actual RAF or USAF issue gloves, you can get them from Transair. I've flown with the RAF Gloves and they are excellent, very good for fiddly switches and the like. They are a light grey colour. Either sell for about Stg 15 plus VAT.
      regards
      GttC

Comment

Are you planning to use them for flying? Or for Tactics?

Comment

Nomex gloves are great for gunners etc, but the dye in the leather runs badly when wet.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Equestrian centres usually have a good supply of what you are looking for.
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

For shooting and tactics,I'm looking for something that won't affect grip and feel so the leather pilot style were recommended to me!
              Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

Tactics Nomex or Sealskin, shooting you won't be allowed wear them on the firing point during competition.

If for range practises etc, pair of fingerless cheap leather do the job, usually can pick them up in Mi surplus places for a bout a fiver.

Aldi and lIdle often do gloves for Cycling fishing etc that would meet your needs.

Aldi currently have some in its WiGiG range.
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Go Mechanix, they're a good make of glove and offer plenty of sensitivity.

I use these:

Had no problems wearing them on the range for competitions myself.

Comment

Had no problems wearing them on the range for competitions myself
                    Shooting competition at all army level I was ordered by the referree to remove the gloves as I would have an unfair advantage over anyone else had the weather become cold..it did...and my gloves were not on issue and therefore should not have been worn. Second leg of the comptition...and we were winning..agenda?

I went on to argue should I also remove my thermal underwear and socks which I doubted anyone else was wearing and certainly wasn't on issue.

I lodged a complaint against the referree which my OC commanding shot down as he believed that the complaint would put the unit in a disadvantaged situation should we come in contact with smae referree again....

I was informed the same night that I had been promoted to sergeant, obvioulsy my reward for not pushing the matter, but from that point on, my enthusiasm for fairness in open competition and faith in even my own CO was 'tarnished' to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Seanachie View Post
                      Shooting competition at all army level I was ordered by the referree to remove the gloves as I would have an unfair advantage over anyone else had the weather become cold..it did...and my gloves were not on issue and therefore should not have been worn. Second leg of the comptition...and we were winning..agenda?

I went on to argue should I also remove my thermal underwear and socks which I doubted anyone else was wearing and certainly wasn't on issue.

I lodged a complaint against the referree which my OC commanding shot down as he believed that the complaint would put the unit in a disadvantaged situation should we come in contact with smae referree again....

I was informed the same night that I had been promoted to sergeant, obvioulsy my reward for not pushing the matter, but from that point on, my enthusiasm for fairness in open competition and faith in even my own CO was 'tarnished' to say the least.
                      Oh dear.

That sort of stuff makes my blood boil.

Comment

the nomex style gloves are very good especially on summer days , the ones like swiftandsure recommend would be more to my liking as they offer a better trade between the robustness of leather and the feel of the nomex style ,
                        the nomex style are not particularly thorn / gorse proof either
                        "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

Originally posted by Seanachie View Post

Your CO sounds pretty spineless. Most would do anything to gain the upper edge at competition. He must have been feathering his own nest for future promotion prospects.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

I would not recommend Sealskinz when using weapons, they melt incredibly easy.
                            "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Originally posted by concussion View Post
                              I would not recommend Sealskinz when using weapons, they melt incredibly easy.
                              They rip easily too.

Comment

Working...
                              X