Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fouga over the Glen

Hi folks,

I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the direction of where I might find a photo of an Air Corps Fouga Magister flying low over the glen of Imaal.
    i know I saw one somewhere on the web but having trawled through Irish air pics and this site I couldn't find it. Any help greatly apppreciated.

Regards,

Joe

Try www.militaryarchives.ie

Comment

Hi there
      I've only ever seen one where it was captioned as being over the Glen, supposedly doing a mock strafe on troops. The Fougas did not use the Glen for air to ground gunnery.

regards
      GttC
      Last edited by GoneToTheCanner; 27 December 2011, 11:32.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
        Hi there
        I've only ever seen one where it was captioned as being over the Glen, supposedly doing a mock starfe on troops. The Fougas did not use the Glen for air to ground gunnery.

regards
        GttC
        I recall that pic too. It is in 'A View From The Tower' ...black and white pic.
        IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

Comment

Not in my copy, there is a Fouga flying over Gormanstown in Black and white.

Comment

In the pic I saw, a black and white shot, the Fouga is pulling up after a low run and showing it's belly to the camera as it rolls to the left and soldiers can be seen clearly in the picture.

regards
            GttC

Comment

Maybe it's in Kilworth?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

try this site http://www.irishairpics.com/
                I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

GTTC, Your description sounds a bit like a pic that appeared in either An Cosantoir or Irish Times describing an exercise in Athlone or thereabouts... ring any bells? I know I have that pic, can try to dig it up and scan it if anyon wants to see?

Comment

Go for it.
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Actually found 2 possibles, this is the first

But I think this is the more likely one, ring a bell GttC?

Click image for larger version

Name:	scan3 (640x553).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	314.2 KB
ID:	697234
                      Last edited by Tempest; 29 December 2011, 21:05.

Comment

cant see it ....

Comment

Always struggle to get pics uploaded on IMO, not sure what I'm doing wrong, will try again!

Comment

Comment

Is this any good to you? I don't have it in hi-res unfortunately.

Last edited by trellheim; 30 December 2011, 12:34.
                              "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Working...
                              X