Air Corps air ambulance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pure Hover View Post
    I suppose the intoduction of NVG's mean a lot more missions can now be completed whereas before missions probably had to be turned down because a low level option with sufficient terrain clearance and clearance from cloud couldn't be gauranteed. Another factor is that the Military don't have to comply with normal night VFR (or lack of) rules.
    Is that on military ops with NVG, surely they have some sort of minimums they are not allowed below When using NVG's to fly members of the public where air ambulance flights are concerned?
    Last edited by Helihead; 8 January 2012, 22:24.

Comment

Another factor is that the Military don't have to comply with normal night VFR (or lack of) rules.
      Neither do any civil operators with an exemption to the relevant SI.

Comment

Originally posted by Helihead View Post
        Is that on military ops with NVG, surely they have some sort of minimums they are not allowed below When using NVG's to fly members of the public where air ambulance flights are concerned?
        Oh I'm sure they probably do - most likely similar to best international practice. Hell of a lot safer than flying without them as was the case. For military ops the minimums could be significantly lower.

Comment

Oh I'm sure they probably do - most likely similar to best international practice
          Surely best International practice for flights carrying civilian personnel, in Europe at least, would be JAR-OPS3. Do the AC operate to JAR-OPS 3 standards, regulations and minimums when carrying civilian personnel?

Comment

Originally posted by Pure Hover View Post
            Oh I'm sure they probably do - most likely similar to best international practice. Hell of a lot safer than flying without them as was the case. For military ops the minimums could be significantly lower.
            Hey PH, thanks for clarifying ;-)

Comment

would that mean that should the IAC get this role, it is going to paint its existing helis luminous yellow and use them for air ambulance from now on or that they will get a new fleet of air ambulance choppers?
              "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
              "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

would that mean that should the IAC get this role, it is going to paint its existing helis luminous yellow and use them for air ambulance from now on or that they will get a new fleet of air ambulance choppers?
                Hi Morpheus, it is most likely that the IAC will utilise the current fleet in its current guise. Word on the street is that it will be a 135 however with only 2 and night rural operations a likelihood I think I would prefer the payload / range of a 139 in my back pocket.
                Interestingly this will be the first AC operation I am aware of that will have full time civilian crew on board.
                Last edited by Tadpole; 10 January 2012, 11:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Tadpole View Post
                  Interestingly this will be the first AC operation I am aware of that will have full time civilian crew on board.
                  Wonder what the basis for pay and T&C will be,in 2010 the av pay in the CHC helis outfit was 92k pa,all ranks,grades and posts which is probably the going rate given that the engs/techs/pilots etc are very exp and top of their game.

Comment

I think the civil crew will be the HSE Paramedics in the back. Pilots etc will be Air Corps. I would imagine the Paramedics will remain paid by the HSE at basic HSE rates.

Comment

The thread is about AC air-ambulance missions, not what the coast guard heli's do.
                      "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Irish Times - Air Corps may operate Air Ambulance

Anyone know when the decision is due to be made?

Comment

Originally posted by balkanhawk View Post
                          Irish Times - Air Corps may operate Air Ambulance

Anyone know when the decision is due to be made?
                          Correct me if I am wrong, but have'nt the Irish Air Corps being doing this for some time now, as in some decades?
                          "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                          Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                          Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

You are wrong.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Thank God - Finally another operation to reassert the Air Corps as more then a Monday to Friday, 9-5 operation

Comment

Originally posted by Tadpole View Post
                                Thank God - Finally another operation to reassert the Air Corps as more then a Monday to Friday, 9-5 operation
                                I think everything that could fly from Bal' was up on saturday.
                                I see that this is only a ratification of what has been happening for the last few years, but I see an imidiate and quite important catch, the AW 139's are not suitable for the job, if they were I would say have them converted and buy some real troop helicopters to replace them in that role, so roll on a couple of S 92's or similiar.
                                And then there must be a suitable fixed wing must be got as well, probally a Casa, but would it be a better use for the G IV then transporting our useless, self-important politicans around?
                                "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                                Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                                Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
                                X