Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was only being phased in 2 months ago

Comment

• As it was a pilot project from May 2012, has it continued or been stood down?
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
        As it was a pilot project from May 2012, has it continued or been stood down?
        The EAS pilot has been extended again until December. So far about 420 missions have been completed.

Comment

• The EAS pilot has been extended again until December. So far about 420 missions have been completed.
          Not trying to be a smart arse but do you have a reference for that?

Some one brought the subject up at work today, I'd be concerned that the party involved doesn't know and would like to be able to give him a reference.
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
            Not trying to be a smart arse but do you have a reference for that?

Some one brought the subject up at work today, I'd be concerned that the party involved doesn't know and would like to be able to give him a reference.
            There's no mention of it on the DF or HSE websites.
            The EAS was extended after the twelve month pilot by three months and now by another three months until December.

Comment

• If its any help to you I heard that it was extended until December on radio, I was driving at the time so I forget what station I heard it on but it did say extended until December, lets hope it goes full time after that as its a great service.

Comment

• Thanks guys. Believe it or not the query comes from one working ina HSE hospital who have been unable to claify if they are to be serviced by the EAS.

Comment

• Few pictures taken by my Son at Galway Hospital last night, came in from Aran Islands departed for Castlebar Hospital and straight back to Galway. Great service.

Comment

• Few more for you

Last edited by Brian McGrath; 30 September 2013, 11:52.

Comment

• Dail Eireann Written Answers Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Air Ambulance Service Provision

576. Deputy Nicky McFadden Information on Nicky McFadden Zoom on Nicky McFadden asked the Minister for Health Information on Dr. James Reilly Zoom on Dr. James Reilly the current position regarding the air ambulance service operating from Custume Barracks, Athlone; if the service will continue; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [40444/13]

Minister for Health (Deputy James Reilly): Information on Dr. James Reilly Zoom on Dr. James Reilly The Emergency Aeromedical Support (EAS) service was established as a joint 12 month pilot project between the National Ambulance Service (NAS) and the Air Corps, providing dedicated aeromedical support to the NAS in the west, specifically where land ambulance transit times would not be clinically appropriate. The pilot EAS service, based in Athlone, has been reviewed by the EAS Audit and Evaluation Group, The evaluation included an assessment of a range of data including tasking frequency, mission duration and patient transport times. I have accepted the report and an inter-service group is now being established to examine how best to implement its recommendations. In the meantime, I have agreed with my colleague, the Minister for Defence, to extend aeromedical support by the Air Corps to the EAS until December 2013, pending decisions on how best to proceed following consideration of the report’s recommendations.

Comment

• Sounds like EAS (of some type) will continue

Comment

• Interesting interview from last Fridays Morning Ireland , is the future of air ambulance red and white rather then green ? How come no mention of AC at all, aren't they doing it too ?

Comment

• Some interesting stuff from the ever ebullient CR. Thought it wasn't a trial HEMS though and correct me if i'm wrong but accroding to CR the HSE pay 2500 an hour every time the CG helis are called out?

Comment

• I thought that interview was very one sided considering how involved the Air Corps are in this with Medevac 112 and inter hospital transfers, I felt like contacting them to point out the Air Corps involvement in the system, as a matter of interest the 139 was into Galway Hospital last night with a transfer from Letterkenny, fantastic service and wel, done to all involved
                              Last edited by Brian McGrath; 24 October 2013, 12:19.

Comment

• More on the IRCG trial of HEMS

The Irish Coast Guard's rescue helicopter fleet is being utilised on a trial basis as an air ambulance service

Comment

Working...
                                X