No announcement yet.

Defence Forces Military Archives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The FN BFA was nearly impossible to see (and way too easy to fall off).
    Why does RTE insist on using Adobe FLASH?
    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
      The FN BFA was nearly impossible to see (and way too easy to fall off).
      Why does RTE insist on using Adobe FLASH?
      Was relatively distinctive when you know what to look for though. The dark red didn’t help but the shape did

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
        Was relatively distinctive when you know what to look for though. The dark red didn’t help but the shape did
        Dark red? You must have had new ones...

Comment

• British Pathe clip 1970 (no sound) Southern Command flash and the older FCA uniform. (Bumfreezers- After Bullswool but before the Tunic with Red Epaulettes). Any idea of the location? Its somewhere in Co. Clare possibly based on the Car Reg. I thought it was Bandon or Clonakilty at first but there appears to be water in the background in some shots.

Comment

British Pathe clip 1970 (no sound) Southern Command flash and the older FCA uniform. (Bumfreezers- After Bullswool but before the Tunic with Red Epaulettes). Any idea of the location? Its somewhere in Co. Clare possibly based on the Car Reg. I thought it was Bandon or Clonakilty at first but there appears to be water in the background in some shots.
            Given the weather and season, is it a rehearsal for St Patrick’s Day?
            'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
            'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
            Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
            He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
            http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
              Looks like a Christmas tree towards the end?

Comment

• Well done, but how does the presence of a christmas tree tell us where it is?

Comment

Well done, but how does the presence of a christmas tree tell us where it is?
                  “Given the weather and the season, is it a rehearsal for St.Patricks Day”

Comment

• A mix of BullsWool uniform, Brodie Helmets, Mk4 Lee Enfields, Gustav SMG's, Landrovers and what looks like a Jeep at one point!

'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                    'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                    Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                    He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                    http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

British Pathe clip 1970 (no sound) Southern Command flash and the older FCA uniform. (Bumfreezers- After Bullswool but before the Tunic with Red Epaulettes). Any idea of the location? Its somewhere in Co. Clare possibly based on the Car Reg. I thought it was Bandon or Clonakilty at first but there appears to be water in the background in some shots.
                      It looks like Scariff Co. Clare

Comment

• Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                        Originally posted by DeV View Post
                        “Given the weather and the season, is it a rehearsal for St.Patricks Day”
                        I see people aren't very observing, the clapper board says it was filmed on the 21/12/69

I now this might not be the best time to ask this question (considering what's going on at the moment), But can anyone Identify the Statue/Bust at the end, my first thought was JFK, but can't find any information online for one in Clare?
                        It was the year of fire...the year of destruction...the year we took back what was ours.
                        It was the year of rebirth...the year of great sadness...the year of pain...and the year of joy.
                        It was a new age...It was the end of history.
                        It was the year everything changed.

Comment

• It's Kildysart in Co Clare.

The memorial at the end of the video is of Peadar Clancy.

Comment

• Originally posted by apc View Post
                            It looks like Scariff Co. Clare
                            https://goo.gl/maps/tsqjw2Nj8bfPEKQJ6 ? Where they start from?

Comment

https://goo.gl/maps/tsqjw2Nj8bfPEKQJ6 ? Where they start from?
                              It starts outside Community Hall in Kildysart, it's not Scariff.
                              The hall must have been used by the FCA.

Comment

• Here's where they start marching - https://www.google.com/maps/@52.6720...7i13312!8i6656

Comment

Working...
                                X