Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOD: Picture removed - bad taste!

teehee
    Last edited by Vickers; 30 May 2012, 23:01.
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

realJack - take your immaturity elsewhere - it has no place in this thread.
      RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
        realJack - take your immaturity elsewhere - it has no place in this thread.
        Too late ,I saw it before the jackboots intervened, Excellent realjack. To have a real sense of humour you must be able to laugh at yourself first, unfortunately our friends across the sea could never do that, empire and all that you know!

Comment

Originally posted by apc View Post
          Too late ,I saw it before the jackboots intervened, Excellent realjack. To have a real sense of humour you must be able to laugh at yourself first, unfortunately our friends across the sea could never do that, empire and all that you know!
          fortunately 2 can play at that game APC, however i don't think you or others would take too kindly to pics of someone of equal status to the DFI to be falsely depicted in such a pose - however i'll remember that should the situation arise again.

have a great Jubilee to whoever it means anything to, i'll still be out here in Cyprus for it.
          RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

MOD: Picture removed - bad taste!

Pleased to see that removed - she showed more respect for us and our history in Dublin last year than I ever thought I'd see from a UK monarch in my and indeed my kids lifetime.
            Last edited by Orion; 31 May 2012, 20:22.

Comment

rgj Get a life, or go train spotting..Mrs Winsdor and her multitude of hangerons makrs our self serving pricks in the dail look good

Comment

I have to say, I'm surprised at the response over here, some streets are festooned with bunting, Brownies and Schools are having jubilee parties, and it does seem like a flashback to the fifties in some respects (and before anyone complains about indoctrination of the kids, the teacher who is organising it for one of my children is from Cork, and the RC Church Hall was festooned with Union jack bunting last night).

There does seem to be genuine affection and respect from the ordinary people, more than I can remember in the 25-odd years I have been here, certainly more than at any of the weddings (or even the whole Princess Di funeral).
                'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                  I have to say, I'm surprised at the response over here, some streets are festooned with bunting, Brownies and Schools are having jubilee parties, and it does seem like a flashback to the fifties in some respects (and before anyone complains about indoctrination of the kids, the teacher who is organising it for one of my children is from Cork, and the RC Church Hall was festooned with Union jack bunting last night).

There does seem to be genuine affection and respect from the ordinary people, more than I can remember in the 25-odd years I have been here, certainly more than at any of the weddings (or even the whole Princess Di funeral).

Who gives a shite what the begrudgers say-

If you lads want to celebrate HM's diamond jubilee then best of luck to you all and may the weather stay fine-

If the street parties and rumble on the Thames makes even 1 person happy then well done Mrs W.
                  Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                  Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                  The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                  The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                  The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                  Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Personally, I'm viewing it as more of an outsider, I have to say. But when I live here, my wife has a UK passport and the kids were born and brought up here, one tends to go with the flow...

Personally I'm spending the next five days working trains in and out of London transporting them too and from the events, and all I'm hoping for is a quiet time.

Although I'm beginning to wonder if I have been here too long, I was called am "English Bastard" by a drunken Scotsman last week (at least he'd been standing at the bar for an hour, so I'm assuming he was drunk).

He also invited me out into the station carpark so he could "sort me out", he looked like Taggart and spoke like Rab C Nesbitt..
                    Last edited by Flamingo; 31 May 2012, 21:39.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                      fortunately 2 can play at that game APC, however i don't think you or others would take too kindly to pics of someone of equal status to the DFI to be falsely depicted in such a pose - however i'll remember that should the situation arise again.

have a great Jubilee to whoever it means anything to, i'll still be out here in Cyprus for it.
                      Jez get a grip, If that had been the French head of state or even Michael D rather than your Queen in a pose like that I am sure you would have seen it for what it was - FUNNY.
                      With regard to your veiled threat I think you previous attitude to our DF has already set the bar, so no fear there.

Comment

Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

You should have taken up his offer and beat the crap out of him
                          Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                          Personally, I'm viewing it as more of an outsider, I have to say. But when I live here, my wife has a UK passport and the kids were born and brought up here, one tends to go with the flow...

Personally I'm spending the next five days working trains in and out of London transporting them too and from the events, and all I'm hoping for is a quiet time.

Although I'm beginning to wonder if I have been here too long, I was called am "English Bastard" by a drunken Scotsman last week (at least he'd been standing at the bar for an hour, so I'm assuming he was drunk).

He also invited me out into the station carpark so he could "sort me out", he looked like Taggart and spoke like Rab C Nesbitt..

Comment

Originally posted by boy in blue View Post
                            You should have taken up his offer and beat the crap out of him
                            It would have delayed the train. I'd have had too much paperwork!

Comment

WHEN IN ROME........

I will be celebrating over the weekend. Usually when I am based in London I never go away for bank holidays -just too much hassle and too expensive. London is full of tourists at present and they will all be celebrating-including the traditional auld enemy the French and the more recent - the Fritz's. (aka the cousins).

I had the opportunity to spend some time on the river today and a chance to visit the French ship Belem -all the South Bank was full of families and languages from all over the world - all enjoying themselves tremendously - it will be a great weekend. I just love this new Europe where people can be so relaxed and confident in themselves.

Comment

Tim,maybe you got your addresses mixed up,the above is delightful but this is not the homestead in Kerry.

Comment

Working...
                                X