Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to see a member of the General Staff with a decent clatter of medals
    Congratulations sir

As an aside, I see Col McKenna's previous appointment was D Inf - the previous holder of D Inf wasn't that long in that appointment, was he?
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
      Good to see a member of the General Staff with a decent clatter of medals
      Congratulations sir

As an aside, I see Col McKenna's previous appointment was D Inf - the previous holder of D Inf wasn't that long in that appointment, was he?
      I think the previous D Inf is now the CMC or is possibly overseas. That appointment changes probably every 12-18 months

Comment

• Related

Comment

• I never knew we had an SEA .... still a vacant post in the RDF . If we had to change anything I would match the number of BSMs to the Lt Cols to ensure things happened.
          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
            I never knew we had an SEA .... still a vacant post in the RDF . If we had to change anything I would match the number of BSMs to the Lt Cols to ensure things happened.
            Not established afaik

Which would mean he is triple jobbing

Comment

• Col Maureen O’Brien has been promoted to Brig Gen as DFC UNDOF

Comment

• Long overdue. I may be wrong but I think she was in the fourth cadet class to accept women, the first two being all female.
                Its not that long ago, in the scheme of things.
                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• New ACOS

Comment

• Impressive CV from the new ACOS
                    An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

• Originally posted by X-RayOne View Post
                      Impressive CV from the new ACOS
                      As shown by his medal ribbons... but I agree, having read the article
                      Last edited by Truck Driver; 12 February 2020, 21:13.
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• I'm just shocked that the 59th Cadet class are now Generals. I'm not that old surely?
                        This was the same class the members of whom were seen getting their pips in the Infamous Defence Forces handbook of the mid 80s (in the days before internet, this and the cosantoir diary was the only information source on the Defence Forces).
                        Beir Bua.

Comment

• I watched as he and an ex-er got into a spat over the reserve recently
                          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Who won?

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                              I watched as he and an ex-er got into a spat over the reserve recently
                              You're leaving us hanging here. Context!

Comment

Working...
                              X