No announcement yet.

New Arms Drill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lads if there wasn't as many ball hops masquereding as "Official announcements" on this site .All relating to 01 April then more people may be inclined to believe them.
    Boy who cried wolf sound familiar?
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by Vickers View Post
      I hear on the grapevine that the training for the new arms drill is to start next week. PDF BTC instructors are travelling to the Curragh for training. The training at unit level will start on 1 April.
      Originally posted by apod View Post
      Lads if there wasn't as many ball hops masquereding as "Official announcements" on this site .All relating to 01 April then more people may be inclined to believe them.
      Boy who cried wolf sound familiar?

yeah Vickers, if only the feckin thing started on Monday 2 Apr 12 - then everyone would have believed you.
      RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Well, lets wait for the Easter parade to see then.

Comment

The poster is not noted for ball hops of this nature. At least one of the posters on this thread may find himself on the Easter GOH without warning soon, so should pay close attention ...
          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

All my fault......

Slung on the right hand side, paraell to the ground, as far as I can remember...
            Couple of variations on this as I've seen carried while marching in the position described with the barrel held in check with the left hand, also seen it carried across the front of the body again held in check with the left hand to allow the carrier to salute.
            Last edited by hptmurphy; 13 February 2012, 13:07.
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

My unit due to be lead for GOH on easter sunday so they had best let us know

Comment

My unit due to be lead for GOH
                No, it isn't. It was, last year.
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

We were told it was us 67th that might jus t be rumour though!
                  Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Turkey View Post
                    Slung on the right hand side, paraell to the ground, as far as I can remember...
                    Slung around the neck, with the barrel nut grasped by the left hand - butt stock folded
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by koppiteal View Post
                      My unit due to be lead for GOH on easter sunday so they had best let us know
                      Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                      No, it isn't. It was, last year.
                      Originally posted by Celtic-Warrior View Post
                      We were told it was us 67th that might jus t be rumour though!
                      how can you not be sure if you are involved in a major annual parade just weeks away???

isn't this something you would know at least a year in advance?

and surely if you are involved - you will be well up to speed on any new drill amendments imminently, if not already.
                      RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                        how can you not be sure if you are involved in a major annual parade just weeks away???

and surely if you are involved - you will be well up to speed on any new drill amendments imminently, if not already.
                        Oh please, this is the RDF we're talkin about here!!

we'll be lucky if we find out the week before hand and probably spend the day before the event learning any new drills!!!!
                        hedons have more fun.

Comment

I'd say everyone else carries on as normal, with the cadets showin off the new drill. Avoids confusion.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by ned stark View Post
                            Oh please, this is the RDF we're talkin about here!!

we'll be lucky if we find out the week before hand and probably spend the day before the event learning any new drills!!!!
                            no military force should have this attitude, or abide by it.

nothing personal ned, it's just not right.
                            RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Last year people were still getting phone calls on the Friday night to see if they could participate on the saturday or even just the Sunday morning, The lack of Service dress uniform prevented a lot of keen and able people from participating the troops who had been issued the SD uniform were for the most part off the radar, I think we managed to produce 5 troops for the event, A disgrace yes but if uniforms had been made available that could have been 15 troops,

Obviously budget cuts have affected uniform stores but when senior privates still cant get uniform issued for easter parades? Someones taking the piss!
                              Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                                Couple of variations on this as I've seen carried while marching in the position described with the barrel held in check with the left hand, also seen it carried across the front of the body again held in check with the left hand to allow the carrier to salute.
                                Some may not believe it but there are drills with the Steyr that aren't completely different!

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Celtic-Warrior View Post
                                Last year people were still getting phone calls on the Friday night to see if they could participate on the saturday or even just the Sunday morning, The lack of Service dress uniform prevented a lot of keen and able people from participating the troops who had been issued the SD uniform were for the most part off the radar, I think we managed to produce 5 troops for the event, A disgrace yes but if uniforms had been made available that could have been 15 troops,

Obviously budget cuts have affected uniform stores but when senior privates still cant get uniform issued for easter parades? Someones taking the piss!
                                Note your unit or sub-unit produced....... not the whole of EBRDF

Comment

Working...
                                X