Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Selling Old PLCE?

Hi Folks,
    Finally after finding a lot of old PLCE(after moving house twice where everything ended up in unmarked boxes) which now, given my happy civilian status is surplus to requirements, and taking up space.

I'm wondering what is the best way to go about flogging it for best return..ie most cash!. Assemble it all and sell complete kit, or divide it into CEMO/CEFO etc? Does anyone in the RDF still use their own PLCE or is it best to go after the airsofters?

Also, what is the going rate for OG British issue PLCE?
    Contents are:
    Web belt
    Yoke
    2x ammo pouches(ambidexterous)
    Small utility pouch(same size as irish respirator pouch)
    Water Bottle Pouch (bottle included with mug)
    Large respirator pouch

PLCE Backpach(british OG pattern)
    2x zip off pockets combined with yoke 2 to make daysack.
    BA helmet & Cover.
    All above in good condition. Not new, but used and kept tidy. All zips and fasteners in place except for one of the side pocket clips, however it is held securely with the others. For some reason, when zipped to backpack, the pockets hang upside down. ?

Irish DPM pattern Chest rig(from Protac)-used once. Paid €90 in 2006

I have to say that I'm not keen on donating it to charity, so I won't embarass anyone here by offering it to them. I'm thinkin €150 for the PLCE backpack and CEFO.
    I'll throw in the chest rig and helmet for €100
    So how best to sell it to make most money?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any pics of it might help sell it here! Some RDF units dont allow Chest rigs/battlevests to be used so im sure some lads would be interested in owning their own PLCE! You could try ebay but PLCE is pretty common on it at the moment!
    Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

3. Thanks Goldie fish thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ebay use the word Irish......and it;ll get what you want for it in days,
    Time for another break I think......

Post Thanks / Like
    Photos of PLCE Backpack, Side Pocket day sack and CEFO.

SDC12782 by seamuscor, on Flickr

3 R
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic-Warrior View Post
    Any pics of it might help sell it here! Some RDF units dont allow Chest rigs/battlevests to be used so im sure some lads would be interested in owning their own PLCE! You could try ebay but PLCE is pretty common on it at the moment!
    We have been informed by our PDF Cadre that the use of non issued PLCE is not allowed...
    Squad look this way, i will give a full and complete demonstration on how to post.
    Type 1-2-3-4 fact check and POST

Cryos

Cpl
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any pics of chest rig and helmet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryos View Post
    We have been informed by our PDF Cadre that the use of non issued PLCE is not allowed...

Are you being issued your own PLCE then?

9. Likes Goldie fish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is that because people were turning up with webbing that looks like PLCE but isn't? Or Desert camo PLCE, made up according to their own needs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp369 View Post
    Any pics of chest rig and helmet?
    No.
    Not a priority at present. It is the same as every other BA helmet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a bit of Charlie-Yankee-Alpha going on there...
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Post Thanks / Like
    In fairness if they havent got or arent prepared to issue PLCE even on a loan basis people should be allowed to use their own webbing, PROVIDED its fit for the purpose and not a black swat vest or set of desert body armour or something stupid like that.

If its fit for purpose there shouldnt be a problem!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm fairness they could be trying to stop the allyness/old FCA ways - it's on issue but you can't get it, therefore you buy your own and then the argument is that you don't need to be issued it

Post Thanks / Like
    To be fair, the stock that is on issue is in very poor condition, from what I have seen.

16. Likes Truck Driver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have been informed by our PDF Cadre that the use of non issued PLCE is not allowed.
    Fcuk em!!!

My adage being I acquired stuff I thought I might need, and then bought more just in case!

Goes back to do you turn up with nothing a look like cnut and blame some one else or do you make the effort turn up get the job done and make someone else look like a cnut for telling you not to have the correct kit!!!

My unit just didn't have these problems, in fairness the 'Q' got us the kit when we required it but if you thought you needed something else or your need differed once your optional extras weren't to the extreme, the 'Q' was alwys glad to have a set extra to look after someone who might have nothing.

I learned fast after my first outing on a PSO and realised three wweeks in the front of a nissan in 58 pattern wasn't fun...and this was before Chest rigs etc went on issue, cue Arktis, few quid, and what I needed. PDF Cav guys on the next outing were taking notes, trying it on and offering opinions.

In fairness the PDF has made up for lost ground when it comes to that type of kit but in this day and age if some one gets in the way of a guy showing some interest in what he does, especially in the RDF, he should be drop kicked into the stones!

18. Likes madmark, apod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hptmurphy View Post
    ....but in this day and age if some one gets in the way of a guy showing some interest in what he does, especially in the RDF, he should be drop kicked into the stones!
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Post Thanks / Like
    From the same people who brought you " you can't wear your own hearing protection on the range. Here are some yellow sponges instead, be sure to give them back after"

Anyway, what's a good price to ask for the above?
    Last edited by Goldie fish; 15th February 2012 at 14:02.

21. Likes Bravo20 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyway, what's a good price to ask for the above?
    Given the PDF have given up on PLCE and its readily available to the reserve, try ebay....wouldn't even make you an offer on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Given the PDF have given up on PLCE and its readily available to the reserve, try ebay....wouldn't even make you an offer on it.
    Thinkin of doin a "buy now-or best offer" on it. Is €200 too much?

Post Thanks / Like
    For the lot helmet included, €200 would be fair...

3 R
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fcuk em!!!

My adage being I acquired stuff I thought I might need, and then bought more just in case!

Goes back to do you turn up with nothing a look like cnut and blame some one else or do you make the effort turn up get the job done and make someone else look like a cnut for telling you not to have the correct kit!!!

My unit just didn't have these problems, in fairness the 'Q' got us the kit when we required it but if you thought you needed something else or your need differed once your optional extras weren't to the extreme, the 'Q' was alwys glad to have a set extra to look after someone who might have nothing.

I learned fast after my first outing on a PSO and realised three wweeks in the front of a nissan in 58 pattern wasn't fun...and this was before Chest rigs etc went on issue, cue Arktis, few quid, and what I needed. PDF Cav guys on the next outing were taking notes, trying it on and offering opinions.

In fairness the PDF has made up for lost ground when it comes to that type of kit but in this day and age if some one gets in the way of a guy showing some interest in what he does, especially in the RDF, he should be drop kicked into the stones!
    I should of stated aswell is that like a weapon, ours has been issued to us and remains in our individual gear bags [located in our stores with my name on it]. We were told the kit was available and we just had to ask for it... (and no it dosent belong to our PDF perant unit).
    Squad look this way, i will give a full and complete demonstration on how to post.

Cryos

Post Thanks / Like
    For the lot helmet included, €200 would be fair...
    True, it is a BA helmet, surely there is a post 1992 British Army re-enactor group about....

Post Thanks / Like
    I should of stated aswell is that like a weapon, ours has been issued to us and remains in our individual gear bags [located in our stores with my name on it]. We were told the kit was available and we just had to ask for it
    if its on personal issue why would you need anything else, problem being most units have on pooled stock and sometimes what you get is shite, hence guys not wanting to have to go to the bother of setting up a set of webbing each time they needed it, bought their own.

28. Likes Celtic-Warrior liked this post
    3 R
    Post Thanks / Like
    if its on personal issue why would you need anything else, problem being most units have on pooled stock and sometimes what you get is shite, hence guys not wanting to have to go to the bother of setting up a set of webbing each time they needed it, bought their own.
    True, but i would point out that some units are able to issue gear to people individually, i dont share my PLCE with anyone else and its configured towards me. I can understand what your saying about Pool use, however the kit can be got through the official means without much hassle there's lots of it going spare at the moment.

Cryos

Post Thanks / Like
    i sold a similar set of CEFO on ebay for about 90 euro, bout a year ago. If thats any good as a guide .
    Last edited by ollie; 16th February 2012 at 16:34.
    Anyone need a spleen ?

31. Thanks Goldie fish thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The cefo on its own seems to be available on ebay for around 50 Not sure how much it would fetch with the helmet and bergen,

On a similar note has anyone seen the price the old Irish helmet is fetching on ebay? Over 100 stg and another 75 stg on the cover!!!!! Seller named redbaron in the uk selling them!

Thread Information