No announcement yet.

New medal ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More in their line to award the medals that were earned by ships crews for saving ships, or boarding small boats in dodgy conditions, or the Congo troops who were denied mmgs and dsms as recommended by their oc.
    Medals for nothing mean nothing.
    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by batterysgt View Post
      Is there any qualifying criteria, I haven't seen any published yet.
      Voting FG in the election

Comment

• https://www.irishtimes.com/polopoly_..._330/image.jpg

The 2016 commemoration was kind of a merger of the Easter Rising and War of Independence Medals. I wonder what way they'd go with for a centenary medal.
        What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
          Voting FG in the election
          I'm not voting Dev, my kids are! They have decided who has worked hardest in our area and told me who to vote for and it's not main parties, they have done untold damage and have not and will not ever learn. A population of 4.7million and we cant get things right, it's a disgrace, no leadership and no medium to longer term real plans to better the country only keep the party in power.
          I have my medals from my time time in the PDF and I dont need anymore that really mean nothing and not really earned.
          You hit a bit of a sore point.

Comment

• Originally posted by batterysgt View Post
            I have my medals from my time time in the PDF and I dont need anymore that really mean nothing and not really earned.
            You hit a bit of a sore point.
            The 2016 medal should have been a one off. How about instead of designing, minting and issuing a new medal, they spend that money on improving living conditions and take home pay for the DF.
            What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Or a second pair of boots?
              'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
              'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
              Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
              He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
              http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

• some politican owns the medal factory..lol

Comment

• Some idiot with a medal fetish has obviously been bombarding FG with letters and being boring at TDs' clinics. Must have convinced them that it would be great for morale.

I bet he has a list that will have everyone looking like North Korean generals. The centenary of the end of the civil war, the centenary of the army mutiny, the centenary of the eucharistic convention etc, etc

Comment

• Don't forget the Spanish Civil war...
                    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                      Don't forget the Spanish Civil war...
                      Or the Alamo a
                      'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                      'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                      Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                      He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                      http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Sluggie View Post
                        Some idiot with a medal fetish has obviously been bombarding FG with letters and being boring at TDs' clinics. Must have convinced them that it would be great for morale.

I bet he has a list that will have everyone looking like North Korean generals. The centenary of the end of the civil war, the centenary of the army mutiny, the centenary of the eucharistic convention etc, etc
                        In the UK these are known as " SPAM" medals and veterans of campaigns often choose not to wear them. I see nothing wrong in identifying something specific such as sea-going service in the same way as Divers and Military Parachutists etc.

Comment

Working...
                        X