X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules of Engagement...

[]

I have been told that there are different rules of engagements.
    for example the UN, are only allowed to fire when fired upon.
    Is one we are operating under really: we are not allowed to fire until one of our friends have been hit ?

Any websites on the rules of engagements ? what ever we would encounter ?

[MOD:NB Do not discuss COD 6 if replying]
    Last edited by samhail; 4 December 2003, 17:39.
    When we drink, we get drunk. --- When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
    When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. --- When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
    Sooooo, let's all get drunk and go to heaven! --- Brian O'Rourke

ask [MOD.Edited.Refer to warning] that in your unit
    Last edited by Joshua; 4 December 2003, 00:53.
    Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

for example the UN, are only allowed to fire when fired upon.
      Is one we are operating under really: we are not allowed to fire until one of our friends have been hit ?

The rules of engagement change from mission to mission. You don't have to wait until someone is hit. In general if you feel life is in danger you may open fire. One warning though, if you kill someone you better be able to prove you were in danger.
      sigpic
      Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
      My favourite moment was when the
      Originally posted by hedgehog
      red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

you will cover it in your recurit training................

Comment

ah right.

i hate recruit training, too slow.
          i,d learn everything at once.
          suppose they should call something like that the PDFs.

ill wait so. Thanks.
          When we drink, we get drunk. --- When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
          When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. --- When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
          Sooooo, let's all get drunk and go to heaven! --- Brian O'Rourke

Comment

This has been gone over before on this board and shouldn't be discussed. The Various DFR's (Defence Force Regulations) and SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures.) Regarding "rules of Engagement" will be taught to you by your section Commander. I know most of the C-Coy NCO's and they are well up to the Task, (Despite what TIM says)

Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

By the time that you are issued with live ammunition, you will know the applicable R.O.E.

Nuff said!!
              "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
              Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
              Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I remember that there was a Cmd from the Curragh discussing that on the 6.1 news, when the army were guarding shannon. So it obviously is not that classified, or maybe I am wrong.
                If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

You are wrong. He was the Press officer..he can say what he likes.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

My point exactly if the press officer can speak freely about it on national television, why cant we discuss it here. Not that I know much about it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by The Joker
                      if the press officer can speak freely about it on national television, why cant we discuss it here.
                      Because we can't. It comes with the job. If the higher up's want to discuss it on national television, then they can.... but we can't (Unless there are any Press officers or generals on the board).

Comment

"Not that I know much about it anyway"

I think you under sell yourself Joker

Comment

Originally posted by Bailer
                          I know most of the C-Coy NCO's and they are well up to the Task, (Despite what TIM says)

well i only mentioned one....
                          im sure the rest are well capable of doing the job.....
                          Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sparks
                            "Not that I know much about it anyway"

I think you under sell yourself Joker
                            Maybe this is true, after all I did watch the whole interview. :D :D :D

Comment

The UN rules of engagement change as GH said with the mission....Two types of mission...peace keeping.....fire if fired upon....

Peace enforcement.......fire to prevent loss of life.

As said before these are dependant on the mandate of the force and are not applicable in everyday home use...where COD6 applies.
                              [MOD: edited,quoting a restricted document.]

If in doubt when it comes to firing have your solicitor on standby to bail you out !
                              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                              X