Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear

Comment

Holy shit. Someone could have grabbed something and run there. That is a major ****up. Someone deserves to answer for that.

Comment

Originally posted by timhorgan View Post
        The problem is there is more than a fair share of nutters/extremists living within the "secure" zone already. Stephen Tibbs MP was stabbed in his constituency office in the East End.

And, the Irish Dancing Priest, an t-athair Corneilus Horan can still be seen around London. Last time I saw him he had taken up with a group of Christians for Zionists or something and he was wearing his traditional Irish Dancing kit with a large Star of David. You could not make it up.

Below is the vid of an t-athair at Silverstone - previously he had featured at the Athens Olympics.

He comes from Scartaglin and went to school at St. Brendans in Killarney and, I guess, Maynooth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a_urdgrl2E
        The mad irish priest tried to disrupt the World Cup in German in 2006, the krauts wised up to him and locked him up for the duration in a prison in berlin, german prisons are very nasty places, and it put a stop to his enthuaism for spreading the word about the end of the world by disrupting sporting events.

As for the missiles in London, the Air defence regiments in the British army must be looking at the chop in any strategic review. The American got rid of their air defence units about a decade ago after coming to the realisation that they hadn't been attacked by enemy aircraft since the start of the korean war. Commanders are trying to justify retaining their empires.

Comment

could it be a video taken by a soldier?

the lads walking towards the camera just ignored the cameraman so maybe he was in uniform and someone on the web hijacked the clip!?

Just saying!!!

There were soldiers within sight of the weapons just down the path too.
          "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
          "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

If he really wanted to upset people, he should have kept his mouth shut and run off with a tube. That would have put a few noses out of joint.

Comment

Don't worry, the missiles are made in Norn Iron by Loyalists. They won't chase anything with a Union Jack on it but if I was on an Aer Lingus or Ryanair flight, I'd worry...........apart from that, the radar signature of rooftop level London must be appalling, with all those tall steel buildings. Be a bit embarrassing to shoot a missile into the Gherkin or a lovely big football stadium.
              regards
              GttC

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post

the lads walking towards the camera just ignored the cameraman so maybe he was in uniform and someone on the web hijacked the clip!?

Just saying!!!

I think that would be even worse

Comment

Originally posted by paul g View Post
                  As for the missiles in London, the Air defence regiments in the British army must be looking at the chop in any strategic review. The American got rid of their air defence units about a decade ago after coming to the realisation that they hadn't been attacked by enemy aircraft since the start of the korean war. Commanders are trying to justify retaining their empires.
                  Not quite accurate.
                  "Everyone's for a free Tibet, but no one's for freeing Tibet." -Mark Steyn. What an IMO-centric quote, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
                    MANPADS in East London, what could possibly go wrong??

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

oops.
                    "Everyone's for a free Tibet, but no one's for freeing Tibet." -Mark Steyn. What an IMO-centric quote, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post

Just saying!!!

He's a "reporter".

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

The twitter of the fellow who posted the video
                        https://twitter.com/#!/brianwhelanhack

Comment

I saw him briefly on NBC this morning. He's getting some mileage out of this.
                          " I will not have my fwiends widiculed by the common soldiewy"

Comment

Originally posted by faughanballagh View Post
                            Not quite accurate.
                            Well where are they then? Divisions used to have an organic air defence regiment, with the change over to brigade combat teams AD were the first to get the chop.

American brigades don't have Air Defence units as part of their TO&E.

my unsdertanding is that they keep some shorad units, but apart from their thermals, when were they last used for what they were designed for.
                            Last edited by paul g; 3 May 2012, 20:36.

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
                              MANPADS in East London, what could possibly go wrong??

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

" Crates clearly full of missiles "

What a fcuking nobber, what crates! Total load of crap that video!

Comment

Originally posted by paul g View Post
                                Well where are they then? Divisions used to have an organic air defence regiment, with the change over to brigade combat teams AD were the first to get the chop.

American brigades don't have Air Defence units as part of their TO&E.

my unsdertanding is that they keep some shorad units, but apart from their thermals, when were they last used for what they were designed for.
                                They're in separate brigades now. Certainly the capacity has reduced, but it's still there. National Guard units have been deploying to DC on a regular basis since 9/11 to conduct air defense there, in fact. Here's a partial list of units: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Def...ited_States%29

Comment

Working...
                                X