Commandant Morgan Sparrow, No 3 Ops Wing, Irish Air Corps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commandant Morgan Sparrow, No 3 Ops Wing, Irish Air Corps

Commandant Morgan Sparrow, serving helicopter pilot with No 3 Ops Wing passed away this morning following an accident during a cycle race that he was participating in. I knew Morgan for many years both personally and professionally and his loss is felt very deeply, as I know it will be felt by all who knew him. A true professional in the sky and on the ground is with us no more.

RIP Morgan. Take care.

Rip

Comment

Rip
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Rest In Peace
        "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

Rip
          Last edited by Flamingo; 6 May 2012, 02:29.
          'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
          'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
          Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
          He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
          http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Rip.

Comment

Rest in peace sir
              Cry "havoc!", and let slip the dogs of war!

Comment

Rip
                To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Rip

Comment

A true gentleman and a funny f****r to boot.
                    Rest In Peace Morgan.

Comment

Rest In Peace

(the auto disable signature feature in this thread is still on the blink, BTW)
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

RIP

Last edited by Vickers; 5 May 2012, 20:12.
                        Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

Morgan was a true gentleman in every sense of the word. RIP Moggs.

Comment

Rest In Peace
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Rest in Peace
                              I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

Working...
                              X