Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  55
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryos View Post
    Very true, the radios were like the previous weapons though; they suited the environment which they operated at the time. A Sincgar today in either configuration today must look like what the 77 looked like back when they were replaced (we wont even speak of the handset decision). As of yet i dont think there is plans to replace the sincgar at any stage its still capable for its voice comms; for data and fancy features the harris covers this..
    I wouldn't lay money on that if i were you.
    "105,000 dead. 40,000,000 unemployed. Police murdering African-Americans. You’ve completed you’re mission. You’ve made America great. Now get the f**k out."

- Rob Reiner.

"Yes he's an idiot with zero common sense,and no social skills,but he IS my son.I just hope he never goes into politics.He'd be a disaster.

- Mary Anne Trump

#unfollowtrump

Banned User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    Bandit you are changing canoes mid stream with this one.Calling the modern DF pussies is exactly what you have being doing,on this and many other threads.Unless we have served in african bush wars,gone to battle in plimsolls,shorts and armed with dried out biltong and and an FN with burnt cork on our faces then we are pussies because in your view our H&S obsessed,PC ,risk adverse leadership has made us so.
    Apod - there is no point in running down us poor misguided souls.

1) You are right about the biltong - it was a reliable standby - light, tasty and long-lasting.

2) With regard to the FN we were always told in training that one of the advantages over the AK47 was that the greater power allowed targets sheltering behind some of the lighter tree types to be hit. The training covered this.

3) I never saw burnt cork used - we had a camo cream called "Black is Beautiful" and lovely camo faceveils which helped with the mosquitos as well.

3 R
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    I wouldn't lay money on that if i were you.
    Let me qualify that...

Theres no plans to replace it within the next 12 months.
    Squad look this way, i will give a full and complete demonstration on how to post.
    Type 1-2-3-4 fact check and POST

Cryos

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by timhorgan View Post
    Apod - there is no point in running down us poor misguided souls.

1) You are right about the biltong - it was a reliable standby - light, tasty and long-lasting.

2) With regard to the FN we were always told in training that one of the advantages over the AK47 was that the greater power allowed targets sheltering behind some of the lighter tree types to be hit. The training covered this.

3) I never saw burnt cork used - we had a camo cream called "Black is Beautiful" and lovely camo faceveils which helped with the mosquitos as well.
    Thanks for sharing Tim.
    "105,000 dead. 40,000,000 unemployed. Police murdering African-Americans. You’ve completed you’re mission. You’ve made America great. Now get the f**k out."

- Rob Reiner.

"Yes he's an idiot with zero common sense,and no social skills,but he IS my son.I just hope he never goes into politics.He'd be a disaster.

- Mary Anne Trump

#unfollowtrump

Lt Colonel
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks B Inman for mentioning the radio shown in the the recruitment video, the scope in the second btw is the Tektronix 475 - would love one of them now.

What HF sets were in use back in the 70's / early 80's?
    Last edited by pym; 14th May 2012 at 15:44.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    "Turbo Gear f@ggotry".
    I am definitely stealing this for myself!
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of coloured ribbon. - Napoleon Bonaparte

Thread Information