Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20mm Olive Green Elastic

Lads,

Can anyone point me in the direction of somewhere I could get some 20mm elastic in olive green for a helmet cover, the elastic on mine is stretched beyond use. I can get 25mm through Cadetdirect but they charge £1.35/m for the tape and £9.95 to post the stuff to me here, not paying a tenner to get 2m of tape sent over!

Cheers.

Is it for an the old issue helmet cover? Maybe it would be cheaper to get a british surplus cover and take the elastic off that? If you've friends in the PDF they'll be able to source an old cover fairly easily.
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Hand it back to your CQ and request a new one. FWT
      "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
      "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

FWT only if issued! I got a helmet on t'internet and trying to conjure up a cover for it. The brother gave me an old crewmans cover off a mowag which will fit with some alterations/black tape. Ideally the new helmet cover would be the business but are like hens teeth, and for a reason too I know. Any PDF heads have a spare new shaped one to donate??

Comment

Originally posted by Infy View Post
          Lads,

Can anyone point me in the direction of somewhere I could get some 20mm elastic in olive green for a helmet cover, the elastic on mine is stretched beyond use. I can get 25mm through Cadetdirect but they charge £1.35/m for the tape and £9.95 to post the stuff to me here, not paying a tenner to get 2m of tape sent over!

Cheers.
          just exchange it.
          RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by Infy View Post
            The brother gave me an old crewmans cover off a mowag which will fit with some alterations/black tape.
            A what?
            I have yet to see a crewmans helmet cover. Any pics?

Comment

Will try one this evening, its basically just bigger than the one for the old helmet, now it could just be that it is and he used it on a crewmans helmet and I have taken him up wrong!

Comment

Most PDF lads should be able to track you down an old one, If not ask the cadre most barracks stores have tons of the old ones knocking about, Unless they have sold them all on ebay!!
                Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

mowag crew helmets are olive green , they have no cover with them
                  you could have an old type helmet cover from a helmet b-coy 3bn used for dismount troops..

Comment

mowag crew helmets are olive green , they have no cover with them
                    Blue covers available! and issued and worn...
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                      Blue covers available! and issued and worn...
                      i never seen a mowag crew helmet in blue??
                      are you sure, we painted the sisu ones in the leb but they looked shite
                      i taught the mowag ones were just left green there personal issue to driver and gunner overseas.

Comment

At long last a few pictures of the cover. Ended up with 20mm black elastic got in hickeys and a sunday evening spent sewing like a mad man.

Comment

atts dont work.
                          "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                          "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

i've carefully cut all the elastic off my latest helmet cover if that's any good to you?
                            RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

I was going to say go into Hickeys, or any alteration shop like the Zip yard can help.
                              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Working...
                              X