This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forum: Irish Coast Guard

A new forum, Irish Coast Guard has been created in the Non-Military section. This was created at the suggestion of a number of members to cater for posts which are not really suitable for the Air Corps forum or the Navy and Navel Reserve forum. Some threads/posts have been moved into the new forum and others may follow.
    Last edited by Vickers; 1 July 2012, 22:45.
    "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

hmmm not a lot happening over there! Helloooooo! Anyone out there

Comment

I guess they are all out working for a living

Comment

Obviously busy busy

Comment

Note to PH, 'Must try harder'

I use this all the time, you may find it of some use in the future

Comment

well you just never know but never really one for blood-sports meself

Comment

First MOD Warning: This forum was created because a number of people wanted a forum to discuss Coast Guard issues, if you are not interested in discussing Coast Guard issues then feck off to another forum, if you want to take the piss out of each other we have numerous threads to accomodate that. First and Final warning lads points will be issued inf future

Comment

Good idea starting this forum guys!
                It would be nice to read some posts on ICG topics...heli ops or otherwise.

(BTW, should the forum title not read 'Irish Coast Guard'?)
                IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver View Post
                  (BTW, should the forum title not read 'Irish Coast Guard'?)
                  Done
                  "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

Working...
                  X