No announcement yet.

Malaria Claims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let’s be clear Sgt Cole didn’t win anything. His life is fcuked until all that lariam crap comes out of his body, and Lariam unlike plutonium has no half life.

This is our comrade who suffered because some proxy bastard civil servant made a decision that soldiers don’t matter therefore lets save money. Sir Humphrey is no doubt retired on a massive pension whereas One of his victims Sgt Cole suffers to this day.

If Cole’s settlement was 100 gazillion euro, then thats only .00000000000001% of what he deserves.
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
      Let’s be clear Sgt Cole didn’t win anything. His life is fcuked until all that lariam crap comes out of his body, and Lariam unlike plutonium has no half life.
      Not knocking the rest of the post... But there is most definitely an elimination half-life for lariam (mefloquine).

Comment

• Originally posted by barrybadrinah View Post
        Not knocking the rest of the post... But there is most definitely an elimination half-life for lariam (mefloquine).
        I know what you mean mate, but the manufacturers of Lariam said the shit doesn’t remain in your Body.

“I did not have sexual relations with that woman”

“I was never in the ira”

“Jumbled up bits of 4x2 is adequate hearing protection “

“Markie boy M isn’t interested in self promotion, he gives 100% of his time to ensuring his troops have proper pay and conditions “

Anything the manufacturers of Lariam say about that shit should join the list of well known fibs.
        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• Came up at LQs https://www.kildarestreet.com/debate...017-12-07a.161

I do not have time for Claire's politics but she has been steadfast on the Lariam thing.
          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• The number of claims against the State by members of the Defence Forces who suffered side effects from a malaria medication is to rise following a substantial payout to a Corkman whose career and health were ruined by the drug, writes Caroline O’Doherty    

More soldiers to sue over malaria drug

Monday, January 01, 2018

By Caroline O'Doherty
            Senior Reporter
            The number of claims against the State by members of the Defence Forces who suffered side effects from a malaria medication is to rise following a substantial payout to a Corkman whose career and health were ruined by the drug, writes Caroline O’Doherty

Comment

• Department of Defence
              Departmental Correspondence
              Photo of Clare DalyClare Daly (Dublin Fingal, Independent)
              Link to this: Individually | In context

128. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence further to Parliamentary Question No. 106 of 26 September 2018, when a copy of DMC47 will be furnished. [45337/18]

Photo of Paul KehoePaul Kehoe (Wexford, Fine Gael)
              Link to this: Individually | In context

In my written reply to the Deputy's question on 26 September 2018, I advised that the matter was receiving attention and I would revert to her in due course.

The position is that the document referred to by the Deputy is one that relates to matters that may arise in the course of current litigation. As the Deputy will be aware there are a number of claims made by current and former members of the Defence Forces who allege personal injury as a consequence of their consumption of the anti-malarial Mefloquine (Lariam). The State Claims Agency who manages these claims has advised that a case is listed for hearing in the High Court on 20 November 2018. In these circumstances, it would be inappropriate for me to furnish any internal military documents which may fall to be considered in the context of such litigation.

Comment

• Irish peacekeeping troops deployed to sub-Saharan Africa will no longer be required to take the controversial anti-malaria drug Lariam.

Comment

• Took long enough.
                  For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                    Took long enough.
                    New DMB

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantasia View Post
                      New DMB
                      She's getting shit done.

Comment

• As an aside, I’m on Doxycycline at the minute for a chest infection that won’t shift (after 4 weeks, 1 dose of Amoxicillin and countless over the counter).

From experience, you have to sit/stand bolt upright (and I mean bolt upright) for at least 10 mins (for me it appears to be at least 20 mins) when taking it and depending on the individual with food. Otherwise your going to see it again and/or be hard on the stomach.

It has also reduced my appetite (not necessarily a bad thing).

After 3 days it has made extreme improvements in my condition.

Comment

• Take Actamel (other yoghurt drinks are available) when on Antibiotics, it helps to repopulate any gut flora that are killed off by the AB's.

It's a sod of a dose doing the rounds, I had two weeks of Doxi, lost my voice for 8 days and am still coughing nearly a month on.
                          Last edited by Flamingo; 23 December 2022, 23:59.
                          'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                          'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                          Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                          He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                          http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Working...
                          X